Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attachments speak for themselves =)

Did three total runs, this one's the first. Only "performance mod" so far is the removed airbox. Came out to:

1st - [email protected] [email protected]
2nd - [email protected] [email protected]
3rd - [email protected] [email protected]

First and second established baseline (I'm guessing the 4-5hp drop is from heat buildup), the third I tried the "bypass mod", disconnecting the block to solenoid line and plugging it... can't explain why it made no difference... All three runs were done in 3rd, for those counting.

On a side note, last week the dealer updated the PCM following "Bulletin 05-06-04-006" to correct hesitation when cold. After the calibration the car pulls much smoother and feels stronger... previously there was a big jump in power right @ 4000rpm, now it pulls strong throughout the range.

Smitts
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
thats good to know about the PCM update.....I hate that lag before 4000rmp......its seems like when it hit the 4000rmp mark the car really takes off
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
786 Posts
How long between pulls?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's exactly what I was getting before the update. I was amazed afterward, felt like a whole new car the moment I left the dealership.

Btw, I've got the A/F ratio and boost numbers too, just didn't want to post a crapload of scans. If anyone wants them just holler.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Damn good #'s. I can't wait till you guys start doing pulley swaps. You guys need to look into ported your blowers. I know with my truck i the possibility to gain 30rwhp. It won't be long till you guys start breaking the 300 mark.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just removed the airbox and secured the stock filter, very "ghetto". I'm waiting for a real intake before I put money into a filter.

I was suprised and impressed w/ those numbers after the first run. I was expecting 10-20hp less!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
674 Posts
216.8 hp= :D

Nice numbers!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
i have to admit i don't know as much about these cars as you guys do.i hope this dosent sound like i'm an idiot,but are those #'s at the crank or at the wheel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,574 Posts
UncleSmitty said:
On a side note, last week the dealer updated the PCM following "Bulletin 05-06-04-006" to correct hesitation when cold. After the calibration the car pulls much smoother and feels stronger... previously there was a big jump in power right @ 4000rpm, now it pulls strong throughout the range.

Smitts

Hmmmmmmm.....would I be able to take my car in and get this calibration done even if I'm not having any trouble with cold starts?

I'd love for the car to pull strongly throughout the entire power band.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,887 Posts
YAKUSATURN said:
i have to admit i don't know as much about these cars as you guys do.i hope this dosent sound like i'm an idiot,but are those #'s at the crank or at the wheel
dynos measure the horsepower output at the wheels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
JPK said:
Hmmmmmmm.....would I be able to take my car in and get this calibration done even if I'm not having any trouble with cold starts?

I'd love for the car to pull strongly throughout the entire power band.
But you are having hesitations while cold, and trouble with cold starts ;) You heard about the recalibration and want it to cure the problem, lol...

Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,140 Posts
yeah, they better do it to mine, they've had the damn thing for a week now and haven't even called! can't wait to see if they fixed all i asked them to.

nice numbers by the way, theoretically, unless yours is a factory freak, i'm pulling the same! going to have to go to another dyno to do a comparison
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,574 Posts
Tom01SC2 said:
But you are having hesitations while cold, and trouble with cold starts ;) You heard about the recalibration and want it to cure the problem, lol...

Tom

You mean lie?????

That would just be wrong. ;)

:D
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
I got the ECM calibration last week, didn't say anything cause I thought it was just in my head. I thought that it was pulling better in the lower half of the Rpms as well. I'm not sure if it was or not, but it almost made me think the car was running worse because the jump at 4k wasn't as hard. I used to stall it once in a while too, but this morning I was noticing that I can damn near idle away without giving it gas.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
617 Posts
I'm heading up to my dealership on Tuesday to get the update! :) I'll let everyone know if there's any differernce afterwards...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Those are pretty good numbers.

Out of curiousity, why did you go w/ the STP standard correction rather than the SAE standard correction?

Jason
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top