Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Another ECU update???

3K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  BlackLine 
#1 ·
I dropped off my car at the dealership today because the paint was starting to peel on my body kit and they said there was another ECU update. I said I just got it done like 2 weeks ago and he said there is another one. They did the new one. Seems to be running even smoother. Now I don't know if thats just cause its starting to snow here and I wasn't beating on it, but it just seemed to smoother.

BTW, the Campaign# that they used on the work order 05514001.

#2 ·
Yeah, I wa sworn to secretcy on that but it's not due until two more weeks ( I heard first hand). I'll have to check that TSB # with the print out I have.

Wait another month and see what's coming :D

#5 ·
What kind of problems are caused by the out of date ECU's? I want to know what to look out for in case I have to go get mine updated. I don't know if it has the latest update in it, it's an '05 but the sticker on the door said it was built in September '04. I'll probably end up calling the dealer to see if it had the update done, but just want to know what symptoms there are.

#10 ·
No problems here?

Ok everyone. I know that there are these ECU updates, but what problems are they supposed to be fixing? I haven't seem to be having any issues that are noteworthy. It should be known that I have had mine since September and I only have 3800 miles on mine. It sits for weeks at a time and I drive the hell out of it hen I do have the chance to. I do notice that after it sits for more than a week or two there is a very stong gas odor from the exhaust. I was just attributing that to all the inactivity. Is this what I should be worried about?

Just to recap. What do these ECU updates do? What problems are you experiencing that i should keep an eye out for?

Thanks
dp

#11 ·
loumoll said:
Yeah, I wa sworn to secretcy on that but it's not due until two more weeks ( I heard first hand). I'll have to check that TSB # with the print out I have.

Wait another month and see what's coming :D
Well they already did this to mine. They did it today. Are you saing that there will be another after this one.

#14 ·
The truth is exactly what I said, word for word. They have already outdated the new flash most of us have and are testing the new flash as of last Tuesday. I can't belive someone had it done already since last Tuesday they said it would be another two weeks. I doubt you will see any additional performance gains as in the first one.

As for the "what's coming next month", well............they wouldn't tell me :mad: I can't say who I talked to, but it wasn't the local dealer since they don't proactively seek out information on the RL, but I can say it is a performance upgrade! It is complete and they are testing it, so I'm thinking first week of April or so. We can speculate all day on what it may be but only time will tell. I'm a pretty good persuader/negotiator and I'm telling you I was lucky to get that much info. :(

#15 ·
loumoll said:
The truth is exactly what I said, word for word. They have already outdated the new flash most of us have and are testing the new flash as of last Tuesday. I can't belive someone had it done already since last Tuesday they said it would be another two weeks. I doubt you will see any additional performance gains as in the first one.

As for the "what's coming next month", well............they wouldn't tell me :mad: I can't say who I talked to, but it wasn't the local dealer since they don't proactively seek out information on the RL, but I can say it is a performance upgrade! It is complete and they are testing it, so I'm thinking first week of April or so. We can speculate all day on what it may be but only time will tell. I'm a pretty good persuader/negotiator and I'm telling you I was lucky to get that much info. :(
Well I had the first one done almost 2 weeks ago and when I took my car in yesterday they said that it was brand new just came out yesterday. Now that is what the dealer said so I don't know. But like I said it seems to be a whole lot smoother now. Even more so than the first one.

We got about 5in of snow here maybe more. And before it was such a pain to drive in because the power wasn't smooth over the band but now this thing goes through the snow pretty damn good.

Can anyone find out what the campaign# means. It's 05514001. Once again I'm only going by what the dealership told me.

#16 ·
Can anyone find out what the campaign# means. It's 05514001. Once again I'm only going by what the dealership told me.[/QUOTE said:
The new TSB will be #1389541. The number above is the ReCal #05514001. See if your receipt contains the TSB #

#18 ·
The ECU updates are supposed to fix starting, idling and hesitation when cold issues that some people have had. Some people claim that the car seems to run smoother and stronger in the lower 1/2 of the rpm range. I do not think there are any power gains, unless you car has been running poorly from something that the update is specifically addressing.

#19 ·
loumoll said:
Can anyone find out what the campaign# means. It's 05514001. Once again I'm only going by what the dealership told me.[/QUOTE said:
The new TSB will be #1389541. The number above is the ReCal #05514001. See if your receipt contains the TSB #
No it doesn't, I will go up to the dealer and find out the TSB#.

#22 ·
Yea, the opcode is the procedure that they are doing.

#23 ·
Well I went to the service center today and it seems the reprogrammed my ECU again and told me I have a bad MAF sensor. I'm going back tomorrow at 1:30PM to have it replaced. I'm not sure if I got the same reflash or this other one someone mentioned but driving it home felt even smoother then before.

#24 ·
i just got my car back today, I thought they was going to update my ECU but it says nothing about it in the repair section, only that they followed the 040601026 bulletin in the TECH COMM section, the repair was adjusting the camshaft position sensor and seal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.