Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I raced a '97 GTP last night and beat him by a pretty big margin. A lot of the dudes at work seemed to think that these two cars would be a good match up but it wasn't even close.

He was with me through first, but in second I started to pull a little on him and when I hit third, the fat lady sang. :p

Now for my buddy's '87 Supra (he's been talking shit all week) and this other dude's SHO tonight. I'll let you guys know what happens with those.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
good to know, can't wait to show up my buddy in his, he doesn't mod his cars so you know, also waiting to see what she's got against a friend of mines stock lt1 firebird. i should lose, but we'll see

·
Registered
92 Posts
JPK said:
I raced a '97 GTP last night and beat him by a pretty big margin. A lot of the dudes at work seemed to think that these two cars would be a good match up but it wasn't even close.

He was with me through first, but in second I started to pull a little on him and when I hit third, the fat lady sang. :p

Now for my buddy's '87 Supra (he's been talking shit all week) and this other dude's SHO tonight. I'll let you guys know what happens with those.
LOL the GTP's stock are a low 15 second car at best, good kill BTW!!

Let us know how the supra turns out..the olders ones are not everly fast either!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MikeCandler said:

Let us know how the supra turns out..the olders ones are not everly fast either!

I really don't consider the RL to be fast. I call it quick. Once we get some AM support though....................

I have fun racing. I've had my ass handed to me a few times, but they were all cars that SHOULD have handed me my ass. :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Not really. Stock GTP's can run from 14.3 and up. I think that stock RL and a stock GTP are pretty even.

A stock GT is a low 15 sec car...at best!

Regardless...GOOD KILL!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm waiting for the Supra tonight.

Everyone thinks it will be a good match up. I think it'll be about the same as the GTP I raced last night. We'll see though. He's pretty confident he can beat me even though his car weighs about 600 more pounds than mine at about the same HP and torque. :p

Also, the SHO I'm running has beat the GTP by about the same margin so that will be a good one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts