Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone get annoyed with the antenna on our redline...i want to relocate it to the back or get a much smaller one. Does anyone know how to do this or have any ideas on what to do?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I've seen a few smaller ones on eBay and whatnot, but there's little mention of performance...

Yeah, it would be nice to have a cuter, shorter antenna, but I'd rather have a BETTER antenna than a smaller one. I like to listen to a few Boston channels and they get a little choppy at times...

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
from what i hear the one that is sold on ebay that is shorter is actually a better antenna because it is made better than the stock antenna.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I bought a short antenna from Discount Auto Parts for like $4.98 its a cellular style. It came with adaptor peices so all i had to do was unscrew the old and screw in the new one, to me the stations seem clearer with the short new one. If i get a chance ill post some pics.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I was think about the antenna on the L200 and L300. Its mounted on the back part of the roof. I was thinking about geting one of those and sticking it back there. I can't stand the stock antenna its such old tech it went out in the 90"s come on GM lets get something a little better.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I bought the one on Ebay. No problems at all. Works just fine. I have yet to really use it though. Gob Bless XM.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
has anyone mounted one on the back, because thats what i really want to do if its a possibility...

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I got one of the short, black rubber type they always sell on ebay as the "euro" style. Looks better and works just as good as the stock one. Cost me $7 at Napa Auto Parts.

·
Registered
138 Posts
yeh i just ordered the one off ebay ill let u know what i tihnk when it comes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts