Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Any GTP guys here?

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  geokots 
#1 ·
I know I've read on a more than a couple occasions that some guys on here have either owned or had some experience modding the GTP's. My question to them is where can I go to find a place like this, and somewhere where I can find aftermarket parts for em. I'm google-ing this right now, but just curious. My father has a 2000 Bonneville SSEI, which I believe has the same motor (3800 Series II S/C) and I was wondering if the GTP parts would fit, being it's the same engine. Just a couple q's for ya guys. Thanks for any help in advance.

#2 ·
I work with a kid that drives a GTP that runs low 13's to high 12's, and although I'm not sure what modifications he has, I can ask him, because I'm pretty sure that you can do the same mods. I'll get back to you on this later on, because I will be stopping up by work.

#4 ·
They are very similar. I had a 1998 GTP before it blew up and my mods were exhaust, CAI and pulley. I think the only difference with the SC in the Bonneville has a shorter SC but I think the pulley is the same size (similar to the Regal GS).

You can go to http://www.oqcgp.com/main.php for more information. It's a Canadian site but the guys on there are great and are a great source of information.

#5 ·
geokots said:
They are very similar. I had a 1998 GTP before it blew up and my mods were exhaust, CAI and pulley. I think the only difference with the SC in the Bonneville has a shorter SC but I think the pulley is the same size (similar to the Regal GS).

You can go to http://www.oqcgp.com/main.php for more information. It's a Canadian site but the guys on there are great and are a great source of information.
Thanks guys. I believe my father has been bitten by the modifcation bug, so it should be fun from here on out. After my old car, and this one, he seems very interested.

Just one thing bout that statement, if both cars have the same engine, why would the supercharger be different. I was thinking of it like us and the Cobalts, same engine, different body. But the body, or at least engine bays's on the Bonneville's and GTP's aren't that different at all.

#6 ·
I'm not sure if they are different as I don't know the Bonneville engine well enough. A lot depends on the version of the 3800 engine. I do know that most of the engine is the same on the Regal GS but the length of the SC nose drive is shorter. It could be designed that way to compensate for a slightly different engine compartment and mount but I'm not sure why it's different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.