Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my '04 ion redline into Tire Rack earlier this week. They did a fitment test on my car so they should have info on the web site soon, I am sure you can call and force them to look it up manually also, talk to Bruno ext. 205.

Anyways, I had them put 16x6.5" steel rims on my car and 205 55 16" blizzaks on. The rims run $49 a pop and $100 for the rubber if i remember correctly. Defiantly worth it, it is a lot looser on dry pavement (obviously), you can really feel the sidewall flex, but in snow it is a world of difference.

They are the same rim as a '04 L300 would use.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
that would've been good to know before all this snow came, now i realize she'll do fine in the snow if you don't have to go uphill...

she won't be seeing winter next year though, good find!

·
Registered
189 Posts
me too I would have like to know that before the snow I ended up buying set of 4 all -season 225-17R kumho tires the do pretty decent in the snow but nothing like a good set of blizzak winter tires would do because no one could find a set for the rare redline bolt pattern. In my last car (nissan spec-v) I had a set of blizzak for winter with steel wheels and they worked awesome in the snow, however, they stink in dry weather but in the ice and snow they are king and with them you should be better off than even the person driving an all-wheel drive car with all -season tires

1 - 3 of 3 Posts