Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whats up gang. Love the site. I just got an ION Redline. Love the car. I have about 700+ miles on the odometer, so I've just started pressing on the go fast pedal. Damn this thing needs a boost gage!

Wondering if there are any ION RLs in So Cal. I am the VP of GM Eternal Car Club in San Fernando Valley www.gmeternal.com and would like to welcome any one in the So Cal area to check out our website and our club. We meet up in San Fernando Valley every Friday night (even when its frekkin' cold!!). With my Saturn being the first of that name plate of our GM Performance club, I would like to add more collective :p . Check us out!

I have a 365 HP 1995 Trans Am (for sale!) that the ION is replacing. Thats a tall order to replace, but with the money I save on GAS alone :D it will allow me to fix up my old 1987 Trans Am.

OK, hollar back!

Laters!

Daniel

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah I live in Riverside County....Has anyone in that club done any mods on their redlines....What kind of improvements were seen....I have about 700 miles on mine and have been pressing the go fast button from the start....hopefully i wont see any negative effects from not being patient.....P.S. I have never seen an ion redline on the road except mine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm in the SoCal area. Actually out of Lancaster which is like 45 minutes away from San Fernanado. There's another Redline in Santa Clarita I have seen around but that's about it. There could be more but I'm not sure.

·
Banned
177 Posts
I'm in the A.V. too.
I don't have a RedLine (yet), just 4 - S series, (91' SC, 95SC2, 93 SL2, and 02 SC1) Though one 'may' have an LSJ in it already...

Let's just call it the test bed vehicle.

I'd be at LACR with it as I type, but it's raining here today..

So much for not raining in southern california.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Im in Ontario, CA.. And Ive also yet to see any other Redlines on the Road.. We should try to get together one weekend.. Im willing to make a drive if no one wants to come out here! hehehe

Scott

04 Silver ION Redline..

·
Registered
453 Posts
NiGhTFiRe said:
I'm in the SoCal area. Actually out of Lancaster which is like 45 minutes away from San Fernanado. There's another Redline in Santa Clarita I have seen around but that's about it. There could be more but I'm not sure.
was it black? i work in santa clarita, live in san fernando valley

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow. Very cool.

Well, I welcome you all to check us out. We've been around 5 years now and out lasted several other local performance car clubs. Guess we're doing something right!

*As for the last of 2004, we are actually trying to line something up with a Toys For Tots cruise. Might be a 100+ car multi-car club cruise. (Lambos, Vettes, Porsches, Mustangs, BMW’s, etc.). AND me leading the my club in the ION! LOL… Date I’m getting is 12/12. Meeting up in Woodland Hills. Lil coffee shop just off of Mullholland.

I’ll be posting formal details as they come in on every board I’m on. I’ll certainly post here as I learn the final details. Or check out www.gmeternal.com.

Cool….

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah the one Redline I saw in Santa Clarita was black. I also work in Santa Clarita and I saw the black Redline leaving Pep Boys when I was visiting my friends at Home Depot. I also have a black redline. Did you get your Redline at Saturn of Santa Clarita?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Saturn of the Valley. They had the exact one I wanted (Black, with tint and higher spoiler without xm radio).

Havent been to the pep boys/ home depot out there. Maybe theres another black one near by :p
Saw a blue one near lyons/ old road when leaving taco bell one day tho.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well I guess there is another redline out here. But I have a black Redline with a high spoiler and no Xm also. I think I have seen your Redline once a while ago though driving by saturn of Santa Clarita on Valencia but I could be wrong

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I have a 2004 blue redline that is lowered and has 1200 on her. Just thought I would say hello to all the redline owners in so cal. My m om lives in Santa clarita and I might be going to see her on Sunday. So if anybody would like to meet up just give a halla. :D

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DAMN that wing!! Haha. Its the one I originally wanted. Instead I got one of lowered ones that hang off the rear. Kinda like that red Redline picured above in the Redline forums logo.

A pal of mine who is way into NFS Underground says it looks like a "drag style". I really wanted that high rise one. Kinda looks like that Evo/WRX style.

I actually got mine at Saturn of the Valley. Then learned my pal still works at Galpin Ford. Really couldnt do much any how as Saturns are priced as is. Still cool thought.

So there are a few RL's in So Cal after all. Geez. I dont think I've see any of em yet. ONLY mine, lol... I do get the stares at intersection though, which is kinda nice. I really hope the ION RLs take off (so we get more aftermarket), but then I kinda like people wondering what my car is, hahah.

I was at a gas station a week ago, and a kid in a Honda filling up come over and checked out my car. Asked me if it was really a Saturn. I told him yet. Its funny how sooooo many people get a kick out of those Recaros.

·
Registered
453 Posts
ILMODC said:
I was at a gas station a week ago, and a kid in a Honda filling up come over and checked out my car. Asked me if it was really a Saturn. I told him yet. Its funny how sooooo many people get a kick out of those Recaros.
yea i had a corolla s try to race me the other day. barely touched the gas and he was gone. kept weaving in and out of cars trying to catch up. thought that was funny :D

and yes.. i love my wing :p :D ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
BlackRedline04 you work at Magic Mountain? I use to work there for a long time and left in December of 2003. I still go there sometimes to say what's up to some people. Your closer than I thought. Where do you work at? Have you been hit up for any races out in Santa Clarita because I have been a lot. Had to put a Mazda 6 to shame and a RSX Type S.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, hate to dig up an old thread, but wanted to invite any So Cal Redlines to hook up with a group of us (SRT-4's, Evos, STi's 2.5 RS', G35's and a skyline or two ;)) that meet up every Friday in Orange County off the 405 and Soth Coast Plaza Drive.
901 South Coast Drive
Costa Mesa, California

This Link should bring you to a map, where you can also get directions to this Location.

http://www.starbucks.com/retail/loc[URL=http://www.starbucks.com/retail/locator/MapResults.aspx?a=1&StoreKey=446&IC_O=33.6548965314024:-117.821282277097:32:92612,+California,+United+States&GAD1_O=&GAD2_O=&GAD3_O=92612,+California,+United+States&GAD4_O=&radius=10&countryID=244&dataSource=MapPoint.NA]Starbucks in T3h OC

All Are Welcome!! :D :cool:

You can also find updates on when we meet, here at the SRTForums.com California page...we meet every week, on Thursday too alot of weeks

=http://www.srtforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=110]SRTForums.com California Local Page

Feel free to join up and post there also...later:)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts