Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Any So Cal IONs in the house?

4K views 33 replies 15 participants last post by  Celticshadow 
#1 · (Edited)
Whats up gang. Love the site. I just got an ION Redline. Love the car. I have about 700+ miles on the odometer, so I've just started pressing on the go fast pedal. Damn this thing needs a boost gage!

Wondering if there are any ION RLs in So Cal. I am the VP of GM Eternal Car Club in San Fernando Valley www.gmeternal.com and would like to welcome any one in the So Cal area to check out our website and our club. We meet up in San Fernando Valley every Friday night (even when its frekkin' cold!!). With my Saturn being the first of that name plate of our GM Performance club, I would like to add more collective :p . Check us out!

I have a 365 HP 1995 Trans Am (for sale!) that the ION is replacing. Thats a tall order to replace, but with the money I save on GAS alone :D it will allow me to fix up my old 1987 Trans Am.

OK, hollar back!

Laters!

Daniel

Discussion starter · #8 ·
Wow. Very cool.

Well, I welcome you all to check us out. We've been around 5 years now and out lasted several other local performance car clubs. Guess we're doing something right!

*As for the last of 2004, we are actually trying to line something up with a Toys For Tots cruise. Might be a 100+ car multi-car club cruise. (Lambos, Vettes, Porsches, Mustangs, BMW’s, etc.). AND me leading the my club in the ION! LOL… Date I’m getting is 12/12. Meeting up in Woodland Hills. Lil coffee shop just off of Mullholland.

I’ll be posting formal details as they come in on every board I’m on. I’ll certainly post here as I learn the final details. Or check out www.gmeternal.com.

Cool….

Discussion starter · #17 ·
DAMN that wing!! Haha. Its the one I originally wanted. Instead I got one of lowered ones that hang off the rear. Kinda like that red Redline picured above in the Redline forums logo.

A pal of mine who is way into NFS Underground says it looks like a "drag style". I really wanted that high rise one. Kinda looks like that Evo/WRX style.

I actually got mine at Saturn of the Valley. Then learned my pal still works at Galpin Ford. Really couldnt do much any how as Saturns are priced as is. Still cool thought.

So there are a few RL's in So Cal after all. Geez. I dont think I've see any of em yet. ONLY mine, lol... I do get the stares at intersection though, which is kinda nice. I really hope the ION RLs take off (so we get more aftermarket), but then I kinda like people wondering what my car is, hahah.

I was at a gas station a week ago, and a kid in a Honda filling up come over and checked out my car. Asked me if it was really a Saturn. I told him yet. Its funny how sooooo many people get a kick out of those Recaros.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.