Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.aeroforcetech.com/

I remember seeing the thread on them a while back and it faded off and I never heard about them again.

I think there were a few functions of it that were not working with our cars like the knock retard reading and something else (can't remember).

Anyhow, I'm interested in getting one of these if it would be worth it.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
I know of a member with autotap and has a PDA attached to it. When he uses it on the FLY with the OBD2 port the car does not run correctly. It stalled out a few times trying it out. Just a concern. Id buy them as soon as someone else uses them.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
that's interesting...

if they don't cause a problem, i'd want two. you could read boost, A/F, RPM and AIT all at once. i know i would've wanted to read AIT (air intake temp) at the track to see where it was at. the K&N was getting really hot....

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
well id get the 2 pack so I can see my A/F, Air Temp (after supercharger), Manifold Pressure(boost/vac), and Knock Retard, to dial in a Alky setup

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From what I understand, the gauge just plugs directly into your OBD2 connection and that's it.

I really want one of these.

Goof, last I heard the "Knock Retard" readings were not working with our cars.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
JPK said:
http://www.aeroforcetech.com/

I remember seeing the thread on them a while back and it faded off and I never heard about them again.

I think there were a few functions of it that were not working with our cars like the knock retard reading and something else (can't remember).

Anyhow, I'm interested in getting one of these if it would be worth it.
I talked to Todd a few days ago and he is working on the RED LINE specific gages and I'm guessing he'll post it here when they are done. He told me the new red/black gages are in and they look exactly like the Pontiac red glow gages. I love the avaition look in my Sunfire GT and more than likely will get the twin gage setup in the red/black lighting for the Red Line.

The twin gages have to be bought together and with the pigtail harness. The gages have to be modified to work in tandem, sort of like a master/slave hard drive set-up.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Aeain said:
I'll probably be getting one of these. Just need to figure out where to mount it.
One guage is neat 'cause it covers 2 functions. I figure on getting the 2 guage set up, that way I'll have 4 functions covered with just 2 guages. I like the 1 gen Talon pods modified to the A-pilar

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
I already have 2 places teehee. Soon to have 4. the other 2 will be for my bag gauges.

·
Registered
841 Posts
JPK said:
From what I understand, the gauge just plugs directly into your OBD2 connection and that's it.

I really want one of these.

Goof, last I heard the "Knock Retard" readings were not working with our cars.
i know im just saying, because you need a candi module in-line with the tech2 when you hook it up to the obd port on ions...

·
Registered
411 Posts
cavingman said:
i know im just saying, because you need a candi module in-line with the tech2 when you hook it up to the obd port on ions...
Hmmm, I am using an standard GM OBDII scan tool on my SS/SC. I think they have to have good old OBDII compatibility for emissions/inspection purposes.

Check your connector on your car and see what pins you have populated, that should clue you into what capabilities it has.

www.autotap.com/faq.html

4th question down

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
cavingman said:
You dont need CANdi to comm with the ECM on a Redline- it's Class 2. On regular 2.2 ION however you WILL need CANdi.
WopOnTour

·
Registered
296 Posts
goofyguy said:
I already have 2 places teehee. Soon to have 4. the other 2 will be for my bag gauges.
So... no a/c airflow for a Florida-driven RL? ;)

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
so will these work out? anyone hear word on RL specific models?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Waiting for sure... *** had been in communitcation with the people, and I think we should ask him what the status is one it. If he dosen't check or respond to these posts... I'm holding all purchases for that, a GTech or some other scanner.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Waiting for sure... *** had been in communitcation with the people, and I think we should ask him what the status is one it. If he dosen't check or respond to these posts... I'm holding all purchases for that, a GTech or some other scanner.
i'm going to get the GTech still, for comparisons on upgrades, but would like the guages and the fact that they scan system parameters, and that 2 can be more than 4, which is nice. don't need all types of guages in my car. i want a steering column pod with two of these and a shift light, maybe an a/f guage too, but we'll see

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Yea, but you know what to expect out of a $50 A/F gauge... pretty lights... you can watch that on the Interceptor. I'll keep my boost gauge. I like the needle moving around, plus it's nice to have something mechanical to compare to the system's boost readings.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i'll likely end up with a mechanical boost guage, but that'll have to wait until i start to mess with fiberglass, i want boost right next to RPMs, and want to make it look similar to the SRT setup, which i think is ideal

and yes, the a/f is going to be lights, but that and a wideband (non-stock) o2 will be easier for me to determine if i'm in the red or not, plus it'll look cool with these two, and a shift light on top of the steering column.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts