Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lets start a debate, im thinkin it would work, but you would need to have some pretty tuff internals, and prolly have it sleeved, but then again if you kept the boost low you could prolly make a shitload more power than with just the SC unit, i mean like use the SC unit as the primary boost source, and run like 4-5 psi on a decently sized turbocharger, i know meguires did it on thier integra and on like 6psi i think, they made somthin like 375whp.
sooooo..... im thinkin since the RL is already supercharged, slap a turbocharger on that bitch and let the fun begin, and by decent sized turbocharger, i mena like a super 20G or somthing of that equilivilent, that way you ahve the low end of the SC unit and damn near limitless high end because of the turbocharger, have the whole head rebuilt for hi performance, that way the engine can rev higher and you can accellerate longer.

opinions, arguments, debates, objections, advice, is all welcomed, im seriously interested in doing this.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Psi-Fi is already building one, so is Gravana Tuning...

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sp00ner said:
Psi-Fi is already building one, so is Gravana Tuning...
no shit huh.... niiiice, you got a link so i can look into it more, and by building one what do you mean?
cuz im pretty sure all you would really need is the turbo kit, so is that what they are building?

thats gonna be one nasty mother fucker.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Search for it one here, you'll find a TON of posts...

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sp00ner said:
Search for it one here, you'll find a TON of posts...
cool thx man. :D

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
planetSlowCar1 said:
Why not just ditch the S/C and switch it to turbo?
then you end up with the inherent turbo lag if you want high power, not to mention you'd then need to order an intake manifold

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
planetSlowCar1 said:
i thought about that too, but twincharging is so rare and would be mad unique, imagine a bunch of cats showin off their shit at car shows like "oh yeah im runnin a T3/TO4B with an HKS front mount blah blah blah on my integra GSR" then youre like "really, im runnin an M62 blower with a super 20G blah blah blah" that would make that cat feel so small, that and you have no lag, 60' times would be fucking awesome with the right tires and an LSD.
plus you get the added pleasure of mad top end.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
planetSlowCar1 said:
Why the hell would you pay for a supercharger, just to rip it off and put a turbo on it? Either buy a car with a turbo, or buy one with nothing and then add one. It makes no sense to me, financially that is, to rip off a $2,000 blower and add a $3,000 turbo set up. I mean, if you think it's gonna be that much better, go for it...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Agreed

Sp00ner said:
Why the hell would you pay for a supercharger, just to rip it off and put a turbo on it? Either buy a car with a turbo, or buy one with nothing and then add one. It makes no sense to me, financially that is, to rip off a $2,000 blower and add a $3,000 turbo set up. I mean, if you think it's gonna be that much better, go for it...
What is the deal with our supercharger? They don't put turbos on V8's, they put on a big-ass SC. What gives? Please inform the ignorant here?

-SpikemanRL

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'd really be interested in seeing a twin charger system for our car (just like the one for the Minis). I saw an install of a rear turbo unit on Two Guys Garage (find the episode info at: http://www.twoguysgarage.com/episodes/index.php?epi=322) and it added a tremendous amount of HP/TQ to the stock Z28. It was way out back in place of the muffler and looked like a relatively easy install. Additionally, it used the pipe to the intake as an air-to-air intrercooler!

I wonder if we could fab something like this. Let me know if someone is already addressing this (the company on the show wasn't considering the RL when I contacted them), as I'd like to assist in the development of this product.

·
Registered
89 Posts
why would you ever take off a nice supercharger and put a turbo in its place when you could have the most badass method of forced induction. ive allready got the money saved up for the twin charger and cai and psi fis more boost kit

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Cuz its different.

Its also why I'd take an SRT over an RL any day. Remember its my friends car not mine, I just love talking to you guys, :rolleyes: so keep in mind the opinions are not coming from an RL owner. In fact after a lot of driving time, I don't think I would buy one at all. Too many small things that add up to make it not fun to drive. But again, that's IMO and its also way off topic.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I Just Want A KB Big Dog SC.:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts