Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
durring a launch in wot the shift from first to second seems to have a loud bang and a big jolt im worried im going to crack my oil pan or something this also happens durring a downshift into second at wot anyone else get this?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Steviepc7 said:
durring a launch in wot the shift from first to second seems to have a loud bang and a big jolt im worried im going to crack my oil pan or something this also happens durring a downshift into second at wot anyone else get this?
No, not at all. Maybe your motor mounts are on the way out the door already? Sounds like it's happening when you're putting big surges into the drivetrain. I'd look at your mounts and such.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Motor Mounts!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
I got the same thing the first second day i had the car. I had a perfect shift into second and hear a pretty loud "thunk" and was scared to death that i had just busted a motor mount. It hasnt done it again since. Could it of been wheel hop? It was just one thunk and that was it, im pretty sure we experienced the same thunk :)

If you break a motor mount, will it make noticable noise every time you shift? Or can a broken motor mount go unnoticed?

·
Registered
43 Posts
This car has enough torque that the few times I've launched I've did it in
2nd gear! Wheel hop was not as bad as a 1st gear launch. we need the lsd and some type of traction bar for sure! BeRad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts