Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it only when doing under 20mph and taking of normally not flooring it off the line. i have torn everything down three times the dealer cheaked the suspension ans short of the springs said everything was a-ok. had the rotors double checked and they are perfect and round, checked tire pressure it is ok thought maybe a bent wheel or a bad tire?? i rotated the wheels and still there. also when i do fell it going slow as i get up over 60 or so kind of feels like a pulsing not like a rim out of balance though or a warped rotor. more of a up and down type feeling of the line. only way i can describe it as if a wheel had a flat spot or like drivin on an oval wheel??? they checked the rims for roundeness and rebalanced them after remounting the tires. had the alighnment done and them re-checked after a few weeks. this is driving me crazy or this normal type of feeling with the sprints??? if so these are gone really quick. anyone with any info???? thanks

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Did you cut the bump-stops? You said it was after you installed the Sprints, but you listed wheel things; look at the suspension! Maybe it's just the springs getting broken in, too; perhaps they have to drive a while before they seat and get good to go . . . just my $.02

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
yep cut the bump stops as told to do so by sprint 1" in the front and 3/4" in the rear. i dont knoe sprint says its not the springs of course and that they "dont ever settle" , "our springs are already the way they will be when you put them on your car no such thing as settling" ??? and as i said i have already pulled the suspension apart three times to check for anything at all i cant "see" anything everything looks normal to me i install tons of sprint kits every month out of here and never fealt this type of feeling before.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also do you notice that the front springs are almost fully compressed with the car down of the lift?? there is almost no room whatsoever between those coils??? usually there is more room than this between coils just getting me real annoyed at this point!!!! thanks for any info!!!

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
zfactor said:
also do you notice that the front springs are almost fully compressed with the car down of the lift?? there is almost no room whatsoever between those coils??? usually there is more room than this between coils just getting me real annoyed at this point!!!! thanks for any info!!!
That's how lowering springs are. They have "dead coils" where they are sitting upon one another to lower the ride height.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
thats odd I did not cut the stops and its never bottomed out. Anyways no bouncy ride here either.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I don't have any problems with the sprints. The ride is a bit harder over bumps, but that's cause I have to change the dampers. I'll probably change them when they finally fail.

I would say they probably send you the wrong ones, they sent me the wrong ones the first time! :mad:

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
InsideOut said:
Sounds to me like you may possibly have recieved springs with the wrong rates.
Yea Z, have you actually compared them with another set for the Ion? Maybe the front ones are the wrong springs or something??

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes they are the right ones, i have already spoke to them about this and checked on this. a customer bought a set for his and we looked at this and mine and they are the same. he just hasnt had thew time to have them put on yet so i cant compare rides yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts