Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone on this forum haev any redline beating any other cars on video.Just curious the only videos ive seen is off redline getting beat up on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
I own a RL and want to get some video of some races. I live in CT. You know anyone in this area w SRT or anyother similar cars cobalts, lancers? Just curious, looken for some friendly races, thats all.
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
Who the hell drives around with a video camera just to record the cars that he's beaten? That's so childish. It's one thing to do it at a drag strip, it's one thing if your buddy 'happens' to have his camera. I'd never video tape myself racing on anything other than a track...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
679 Posts
Yeah im gunna be over at my friends house editing somthing together give it some time. youll see. some you can make out some ya can but its a vid ok take it. ............ will be Out soon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
679 Posts
Meeeeeee^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :D
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
You're younger than me, so I don't feel to bad about 1/2 insulting you! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
679 Posts
Dont worry i didnt take it in offence. Im a idiot LOL it gets better so im told
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
hbko181 said:
I own a RL and want to get some video of some races. I live in CT. You know anyone in this area w SRT or anyother similar cars cobalts, lancers? Just curious, looken for some friendly races, thats all.
I live in Needham Mass and would race you if you wanted. I'll be moving back home from college in 2 weeks. My car is a 1990 LX 5.0.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
114 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Who the hell drives around with a video camera just to record the cars that he's beaten? That's so childish. It's one thing to do it at a drag strip, it's one thing if your buddy 'happens' to have his camera. I'd never video tape myself racing on anything other than a track...
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
The way I drive man, I'd never have a camera in my hands. None of my friends even own one. I'm that guy in the cell-phone commercial, the one with the real job, that all his drunk friends call him at screaming!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Who the hell drives around with a video camera just to record the cars that he's beaten? That's so childish. It's one thing to do it at a drag strip, it's one thing if your buddy 'happens' to have his camera. I'd never video tape myself racing on anything other than a track...
Reminds me of that big VW owners bust that happened in Western Mass last year.

A bunch of punks in VWs were going to (or coming back from, not sure which) VW gathering. So they were racing each other, cutting thru breakdown lanes, doing S's thru cones, the works. All while being videoed by a couple of them.

Well the state cops pulled them all over.

Took the cameras from them as evidence, and actually caused two of them to lose their cars and quite a few license suspensions.

There should be a rule... video taping or taking photos while doing something dumb or wrong is only going to get you in trouble... Can you say Abu-Garib prison scandal?
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
You ever see the guy that video taped himself, in his new Ferrari F40 or 50, running up to 200 mph on the highway? Tape went all over the internet, and they tracked his ass down with the footage. Don't remember how now, but he got nailed bad. Must have been 3 years ago or so now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
Sp00ner said:
You ever see the guy that video taped himself, in his new Ferrari F40 or 50, running up to 200 mph on the highway? Tape went all over the internet, and they tracked his ass down with the footage. Don't remember how now, but he got nailed bad. Must have been 3 years ago or so now.
I wonder how the hell they prove something like that. A good lawyer should save him from being prosecuted...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Sp00ner said:
You ever see the guy that video taped himself, in his new Ferrari F40 or 50, running up to 200 mph on the highway? Tape went all over the internet, and they tracked his ass down with the footage. Don't remember how now, but he got nailed bad. Must have been 3 years ago or so now.

Yeah I remember that one, there is one of a bike too.

Going that fast on any highway regardless of bike or car is nuts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Who the hell drives around with a video camera just to record the cars that he's beaten? That's so childish. It's one thing to do it at a drag strip, it's one thing if your buddy 'happens' to have his camera. I'd never video tape myself racing on anything other than a track...
You bring a friend to record all your kills. PROOF of your kills, instead of making up stories of redlines beating Mach1's, have a freaking video to back you up at least.

Thats why America's funniest videos and Fox wildest vids are so popular, people have a video camera with them, and when action happens, guess what, they can record it. How is that freakin childish? Some of the best video's on the net are of street racing, not runs at dragstrips.
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
Nolimits said:
You bring a friend to record all your kills. PROOF of your kills, instead of making up stories of redlines beating Mach1's, have a freaking video to back you up at least.

Thats why America's funniest videos and Fox wildest vids are so popular, people have a video camera with them, and when action happens, guess what, they can record it. How is that freakin childish? Some of the best video's on the net are of street racing, not runs at dragstrips.
Maybe if you're a 14yr old pre-pubescent tool... ya, there's nothing like the thrill of seeing a camera jerking around in someone's hands, or getting a great view of 2 cars taillights from 1/2 mile away. You've watched one too many F&F reruns...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Maybe if you're a 14yr old pre-pubescent tool... ya, there's nothing like the thrill of seeing a camera jerking around in someone's hands, or getting a great view of 2 cars taillights from 1/2 mile away. You've watched one too many F&F reruns...
cameras lie alot less than people do, no better way to prove your kill right than to have it on video
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
I've yet to see one that really shows anything all that clearly. Most people still argue it, can't see the numbers, couldn't tell whos taillights were ahead, etc. People can argue anything they want, my only point was the fact that I find it silly to record yourself racing someone down the street, just because someone might not believe you. I could care less if people believe who I beat. If they wanna argue with me, fine, I'll take it. You're not gonna find a single 'Kill' post of mine that's incredible in anyway, or dosen't provide as much detail as a camera would. Yes, you can assume I'm lying, but anyone can assume anyone is lying about anything.
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top