Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of going with a blue scheme on the inside of my ride. I already ordered some of SaturnIonRedline's blue LED's for the gauges. Next, I'd like to put some blue LED lights under each side of the dash. Rather than wire in an on/off switch, I'd like to wire then into the headlights so they will turn on whenever the headlights are on.

Anyone have any clue as to which wire under the steering column I'd need to tap into?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone have any clue as to how I could wire the leds to come on with the headlights????

Anyone?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
i might after work today i will look to see where my boost gauge is wired to because it turns on with the lights, my thought was to buy the switch for the fog lights in the regular QC and use it.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mitch. I'd appreciate it.

I really just want them come on when I turn the lights on. I know they make the type that plug into the cigarette lighter, but I think that would look a bit sloppier than having all the wires hidden and running uner the dash.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
yea that is my plan also i just want to have them on a switch so i could turn them on and off when i wanted to and not be limited to having the headlights on with them

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would I tap into the fuse box to do this?

I read the thread in the General Discussion about how you could tap into the window power at the box to power an amp. Is there a fuse in there for the headlights that I could tap into?

Would this even work?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'd think that you'd be able to use the fuse for the cigarette lighter. It's a 15 amp fuse, btw. That way you could turn the LEDs on and off whether the car was on or off.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The cig lighter is a good idea. I'd have to figure out which wire is for that. I pulled the kick panels off today and there is a million friggin' wires under there. :eek:

·
I
7,838 Posts
You could run it to the fuse box that is under the hood if you like. Or you could just run the power and ground to the wires one of the marker lamp housings. You know, the ones that the bulb go into. I personally wouldn't put LED's on so they came on with the headlights, don't want to get pulled over and have the cop be an ass about it. Mitch has a good idea with the Foglamp control, i was thinking the same thing for my underbody LED setup in the future.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Get a fuse tap. They Cost about $5 and you don't have to tap in to any wires. Then you can have that line with its own fuse. You can get them at Advance Auto, Auto Zone and Pep Boys. Then it looks clean and not cheap.

I'm currently working on the Blue LEDs for the A/C controls. Also glowing AC vents. Also working on Diamond Aluminum Plate mats with neon around the outside. I should have this finshed in a few weeks. Cost holding me back.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all your help guys.

After thinking about it, I wouldn't want them to be on all the time with the headlights. I'll definite wire a switch in there. The fuse tap sounds ideal.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Check this out for a fuse tap.
http://www.accessafuse.com/

Pretty fucking nifty me thinks.

*Edit* Dammit. Just looked at our fuse panel and we use the mini fuse type. Looks like the Access-A-Fuse is only made for the large one. :mad:

I'll call them tomorrow and find out for sure.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
sorry to bring up a halfway dead subject, but does anybody have a COUPLE good companies that make good interior led bars?

i know street glow makes some, but i want some other companies to compare.

any suggestions?

thanks.

·
Registered
135 Posts
www.oznium.com

Great place for anything LED.

Very fast shipping and great customer service.

Great selection too

·
Registered
28 Posts
I put leds under my dash on both sides and under each seat i wired them on their on fuse from the battery and put a led switch on the line and put it by my trunk button then just hid all the wires wasnt too hard and didnt take too long either looks sweet though at night i want to get an undercariage kit though anyone have any sugestions i want just blue though and anyone know a good place to get it from for cheap

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
revy05 said:
I put leds under my dash on both sides and under each seat i wired them on their on fuse from the battery and put a led switch on the line and put it by my trunk button then just hid all the wires wasnt too hard and didnt take too long either looks sweet though at night i want to get an undercariage kit though anyone have any sugestions i want just blue though and anyone know a good place to get it from for cheap

lol, longest sentence. ever.

haha just kiddin man.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts