Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the part number to our CAT? Or does anyone know which GM cat our cars use? I want to get a test pipe and having a hell of a time convincing any muffler shop to make me one even for $100 bucks+. If we can find out which cat our car uses I can easily find a test pipe for us to use easily. I think alot of us overlooked the possiblities of a test pipe. $40-$60 bucks and about 3-4hp and 1-3lbs of torque. Doesnt sound like much but for that little amount of money it's completely worth it and it's a easy install. I remember on my DSM 1st gen I got a test pipe for $20bucks I dyno'd a extra 5hp and 10lbs of torque! I dont think we will touch those gains because we are not turbocharged and do not rely on exiting exhaust gases to spool. But I think we will be satisfied if we can find the damn PN# or what cat we use! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
74 Posts
22719465 - 2004
15147065 - 2005
Good luck making a test pipe because of the 45 degree bend right after the cat. You'd be better off making a whole downpipe.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would you happen to know which truck shares the same cat with our RL? I remember our cat is the same used on some GM truck. I know that's vague but yeah....

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no you cant, but i'm going to do it anyway..anything for more zip!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
if it means that much to you guys i can prolly talk to one of my fab buddies off of probetalk.com, im sure if a group buy was in order they would be down to hook it up :)

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
YES, talk to them. I'm sure alot of people will be interested..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts