Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its not real bad but only if i turn the wheel all the way i mean as far as it will go to do a real tight turn i get a sort of knock.knock type of sound?? just curious before i go pull it asll back apart again to see if anything is going on under there. thanks

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
do you have goofy guys tq brace if so that is your problem :D not a big knock just some thing you know that is there. other than that cant help ya shouldnt knock or something aint right! (did you cut them, or leave them alone? cutting the springs like you talked about may also be another problem{if you did that})

venom

·
Registered
674 Posts
Is it motion related or a noise from just when you turn the wheel? Are the springs seated properly? Just trying to think up some ideas

·
Registered
391 Posts
i get a clunking sound when i have my wheel turned and go over a uneven bump. took it to saturn and they said all my ball joints and tie rods was ok, so im not too sure.

·
Registered
762 Posts
zfactor mine did this for about a month after I had them on haven't heard it since then though.

·
Registered
629 Posts
sound like somthing is not tight or put together wrong.....?everything has to line up on strut.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Mine made a knock noise after install for only a few weeks, but only when I would turn the wheel all the way to one side. Hasn't done it again. I had my friend that does alignments check the springs and said they were fine, and that noise will go away after the springs settle. He was right...had my springs on since Aug. when I got the car and no more noises after a few weeks they had been on the car.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok thanks ill give it some time and see what happens. i have never experienced this before though with any other springs and i install A LOT of them and again just never heard this. but ill wait and see

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yeah same here never had any problems with any other springs that I have used on other the cars, then again never used sprints before this is the first time.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
does it come from the front? I get one every now and then from the front. No idea what it is but its a light knock.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah from the front kind of a light clunk but only if i turn the wheel all the way. and if i keep turning like i mean doing a 360 not real fast even very slowly it gets louder as i keep going. i went in to check it out when i got back today (been in ny for the last few days) as i went to put the car on the lift at the shop and as i raised it up i heard a real loud " clunk , clunk" almost as if the springs were kind of reseating themselves. i was like??? so i lowered it back down pulled it out and made the first tight turn all was perfect!! i was like great.... went straight down the road and decided to check once again and now the clunk was back??? i pulled back in and went back to the lift and the same thing as the wheels came off the ground loud thunk from both sides. i reached in to see if they were seated right and i could basically spin the springs in the perches they were quite loose with it all the way in the air. i am wondering if maybe they get "out of seat" going over a bump and turn slightly not sure but i have never fealt a spring this loose in the perch in the front sometimes yes in the back i have seen this. even if they were lowering springs they shouldn't be able to just spin around in there like that?? im gonna call bill over there tomm and see what he thinks ill let you all know what he says. any ideas im open to hear them. thanks

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
My Camaro did the same thing when I put on my bigger rims and tires, and changed out the shocks and struts. When you cranked the wheel all the way to one side, like in a tight parking lot or something.

·
Registered
629 Posts
i had that to everything has to line up mine was wrong i took it aprt and did it again.
problem solved.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.