Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, we need some aftermarket parts bad. I'm becoming impatient and considering a 50 or 75 shot.

I NEED to go FASTER, dammit!!!!!! :D

Seriously though, I was just wondering if anybody has done this yet.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
not that i know of, i doubt anybody would until they find out how our fuel system is and how well our cars take more boost.

i think at this point it would be pretty risky to go in without alot of knowledge about our cars.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i guess you need a dry shot to do it conventionally, but otherwise would need to run it after the s/c because you don't want anything messing up the rotors, give it time, there WILL be stuff coming, the cobalt isn't even on the market yet...

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BlackRedline04 said:
I'd rather build up the engine then blow the engine by using nos. it has its time and place, and daily driving isnt it.

I'm gonna build up my engine as well. I'd still like to throw a 50 shot in there at some point.

The kits come with a solenoid and a switch to turn it on and off you know. ;) :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
JPK said:
I'm gonna build up my engine as well. I'd still like to throw a 50 shot in there at some point.

The kits come with a solenoid and a switch to turn it on and off you know. ;) :)

i know :p

but when i smoke someone, i dont want it to be because i threw on a nitrous kit like every other ricer with a honda. If thats how someone beat me, I wouldnt have as much respect for them as I would if I knew it was all because of a built up engine. Anyone can throw a nos kit on, it almost feels like cheating rather then putting a lot of work into the car. Its great as an extra at the track AFTER you've built up the car. But I just dont want it to be the only reason my car goes faster, ya know? :cool:

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BlackRedline04 said:

but when i smoke someone, i dont want it to be because i threw on a nitrous kit like every other ricer with a honda. If thats how someone beat me, I wouldnt have as much respect for them as I would if I knew it was all because of a built up engine. Anyone can throw a nos kit on, it almost feels like cheating rather then putting a lot of work into the car. Its great as an extra at the track AFTER you've built up the car. But I just dont want it to be the only reason my car goes faster, ya know? :cool:

I hear ya. But trust me, bro, it won't be the ONLY reason my car is gonna go faster. :p :D I'm gonna do plenty of other things to it. The NOS won't be for a while but WILL be a sweet little addition when I'm ready for it.

I'm just waiting for the Cobalt and some AM parts to come out already.

·
Registered
524 Posts
BlackRedline04 said:

but when i smoke someone, i dont want it to be because i threw on a nitrous kit like every other ricer with a honda.
Ok, so you are saying that you'd rather buy a quick car so when you smoke someone stock you are happy? Just doesn't make sense to me...

If thats how someone beat me, I wouldnt have as much respect for them as I would if I knew it was all because of a built up engine. Anyone can throw a nos kit on, it almost feels like cheating rather then putting a lot of work into the car.
It's not cheating. Run what your brought. It's like them telling you to unhook your belt to s/c, tell a turbo guy to turn down his boost, or a v8 guy to unplug four of his spark wires to make it fair. Anyone can through on nitrous, turbos, sc's, just like anyone can go out and buy a quick car. I give more respect to that tuner who mods his car, nitrous is no joke. If you disrepect it you'll have a blown engine on your hands real quick.

BTW, our engines are built up quite a bit and can take a pounding. If this wasn't my daily I'd probably take it to the extreme that I did my SC2. Nitrous would definitely be in my plans...

Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts