Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What did we ever come up with for this device right here? I can't remember, and the search was taking way too long. There's a kid in my office selling his, in the box, never used, (I know, cause it's been in the box in his desk since he bought it) for 1/2 of what it cost him. I seem to remember that most people said it would not work, perhaps I'm wrong. If it would, I'd love to get it for 1/2 price...

·
Registered
20 Posts
im sure someone can make it work
it isnt made for the srt but i plan on installing it soon with the help of my fellow srt owners

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
itll work just you will have to get a good wiring diagram for our cars. It will work though.

Edit* on the same not Psi-Fi's sytem will allow more operation of fuel and timing that can be controled by laptop on the FLY

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If not, I could offer it up on here for maybe $300? I'd like to know for sure, it's such a good deal... but I don't want to waste money if it's not going to work. He just dosen't want something that's so involved to set-up. He's just gonna get a piggy-back made for his car...

·
Registered
49 Posts
is it a safc1 or 2. i'm sure someone on the other boards will buy it from you if the price is right. u can get em on ebay for like 250 i think, i havn't looked in forever.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The safc is the air/fuel tuner that when all else fails in terms of tuning you can always rely on this simple but effective device to work. The wiring will probably be complex given dual MAP and MAF sensor pickups but once configured you would definately have control over a/f.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
its only 8 wires right cant be too hard.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bottom line... he said he'd give it to me for $250, and he dosen't even need all the money at once. Would you guys buy it, yes or no?

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Bottom line... he said he'd give it to me for $250, and he dosen't even need all the money at once. Would you guys buy it, yes or no?
If you have the money to spare buy it. Then if it doesn't turn out well. Sell it.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Sp00ner said:
only buy it if it's the SAFC-2 (more control, more RPM increments) for that price, i believe you can get them for that shipped or cheaper. also, you can get the black one (haven't looked in a while though) which would look slick

shouldn't do too much for you though, i remember PSI saying there wasn't much to do to improve upon the stock tune, so they passed up offering just the piggyback for gains, and held off so they will offer it with the pulley upgrades, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts