Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
didn't mean to be an ass, but i feel the 250 shipped is a reasonable and attainable cost.

and no, i didn't pay to do the group buy as it wasn't for profit...

i fronted my own hard earned money for extras just to make it go through. i don't know how many they have in stock, nor do i know how much profit is made. but i'm going to support a place like modern performance that is obviously making a minimal profit (as i know we paid 215 in the group buy + shipping) to "help" my fellow owners...

all i meant was that they might want to be competitive and match modern's price. no more, no less. i purchased 35 of these, and ended up with 8 to myself just to lock in a price. i made 10 each on the last ones to pay for mine, and damn near every person in the buy donated $ to me and the site (which will receive 20% of the donations, BEFORE mine is paid for). i've almost sold them all, and when all is said and done, the site WILL see that 20%, so don't get on my case. i'm not here to make money on us, just opening peoples eyes to the obvious. if they're cutting a profit on 270 shipped, i'm sure they can afford to match 250 shipped and still cut a profit if i can get such a low price through a local autoparts store that made a profit on selling them @ 215.

i only wanted them to be able to "match" modern's price for my fellow owners.

'nuff said...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
AZKMK said:
What is this directed at....is there another thread that I missed?! ... link plz kthx!

-Keith-
i got reamed on for mentioning another company has them for cheaper, and that they weren't being competitive. thread is gone, i apolagize.

i'd like to add that this is a site where we share info, so i was sharing with BOTH all of you, and SFPH that there is a better price, and that they should match it. at least i'm not telling where you can get them even cheaper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
ah ok i see you beat me in the typing area. who reamed you out the mods?? or the company?? just wondering

ah ok i searched and figured it out i see what happened. im sure i know who it was , i wolnt say though you can only if you want to vita
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
411 Posts
zfactor said:
ah ok i see you beat me in the typing area. who reamed you out the mods?? or the company?? just wondering

ah ok i searched and figured it out i see what happened. im sure i know who it was , i wolnt say though you can only if you want to vita
No one reamed him out. I simply challenged some posts , by saying SFPH supports the forums by advertising and stated they were giving them a hard time over a $20 dollar price difference. And maybe we should support them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ArrivalBlueSS said:
No one reamed him out. I simply challenged some posts , by saying SFPH supports the forums by advertising and stated they were giving them a hard time over a $20 dollar price difference. And maybe we should support them.
i wasn't giving anyone a hard time, i simply stated something as follows:

"not being competitive, huh? another company is offering them cheaper"

might not be exact, but i was just trying to get them to price match. it's only reasonable if they expect to sell any on the same forum another company is for cheaper. i feel sorry for anyone that would end up paying that price and look around more to find out they could have gotten it cheaper...
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
ArrivalBlueSS said:
No one reamed him out. I simply challenged some posts , by saying SFPH supports the forums by advertising and stated they were giving them a hard time over a $20 dollar price difference. And maybe we should support them.
Actually, you were giving ME a hard time, which is odd, since I said nothing negative about his prices. I even told Vita that the price didn't seem bad, so maybe you should read a little better before you post about it. Don't forget to tell the nice people here that we're all a bunch of Saturn cheapskates, like you called us before. Remember, that's why we don't have an aftermarket, we're cheap, remember?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
411 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Actually, you were giving ME a hard time, which is odd, since I said nothing negative about his prices. I even told Vita that the price didn't seem bad, so maybe you should read a little better before you post about it. Don't forget to tell the nice people here that we're all a bunch of Saturn cheapskates, like you called us before. Remember, that's why we don't have an aftermarket, we're cheap, remember?

I am sorry I said that, I was a little upset and it was wrong.

I was just upset about all the commotion over the price difference and I made a rash and unfounded generalization.
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
ArrivalBlueSS said:
I am sorry I said that, I was a little upset and it was wrong.

I was just upset about all the commotion over the price difference and I made a rash and unfounded generalization.
DAMN RIGHT. I've spent PLENTY of money on my cars, and will continue to do so with this one. Now that I'm not paying out my ass for credit card debt anymore. Last I checked, finding the best price is called smart, not cheap. I communicated with him in some PM's after the fact, and he continued to 'threaten' me with pulling his intake and support for the Redline. WTF? I know I usually am the assshole, but for once I tried to be mature and polite..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'm sure others would support them if they were more competitive since i made them "aware" of the fact that they're selling cheaper.

the fact that he threatened to "pull" support for the redline is recockulous if you ask me. it would only make them look good if they did match price. i'm sure Modern Perf. has plenty in stock anyways...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
411 Posts
I can't go back and look but I want it to be clear that I didn't use the exact wording described by Sp00ner, I definetly feel like we are all part of the same great LSJ/Dleta community, so when I was calling people cheap I was including SS/SC and Redline owners. I don't think I actually used the words "Saturn owners" however I can understand how that could be infered from my posts since this is a saturn board.
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
ArrivalBlueSS said:
I can't go back and look but I want it to be clear that I didn't use the exact wording described by Sp00ner, I definetly feel like we are all part of the same great LSJ/Dleta community, so when I was calling people cheap I was including SS/SC and Redline owners. I don't think I actually used the words "Saturn owners" however I can understand how that could be infered from my posts since this is a saturn board.
Well, you did say something to the effect:

...and you wonder why Saturn has no aftermarket, it's cause you guys are cheap...

That's the closest I can remember, and also what pissed me off...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
73 Posts
Sp00ner said:
DAMN RIGHT. I've spent PLENTY of money on my cars, and will continue to do so with this one. Now that I'm not paying out my ass for credit card debt anymore. Last I checked, finding the best price is called smart, not cheap. I communicated with him in some PM's after the fact, and he continued to 'threaten' me with pulling his intake and support for the Redline. WTF? I know I usually am the assshole, but for once I tried to be mature and polite..
Sp00ner, nobody is Threatening You or anybody else. Evidently you took my point out of context in my PM Messages back and forth with you. I simply stated and will state again, I will price match with the other vendor selling thse Intakes for the $249.99 price, including shipping. With that being said, I am offering them at $249.95 Shipped. I will get in touch with my webmaster and have him make the price adjustment on this tonight.

As for Vita stating cheaper prices found elsewhere, I was not aware of this before posting to the forum that I have got some in stock, as requested by some members of this forum to try and get. So with that being said, we will adjust pricing and leave well enough alone.

Also, excuse me, but I rarely come into the forum to read postings , as I am busy helping my other 26 Forced Air Induction Vehicle owners we specialize in and I do not have the time to come in and chat, only on occasion. All is forgiven I am sure, as sometimes things do get a little out of hand.

Now, let's get back to business on coming up with more Innovative products for these vehicles and enjoying them. ;)
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
Agreed... this is nonsense, and I love pointless arguements. Not this one.

You make a good product sir, plain and simple. No one meant to accuse you of otherwise... perhaps Vita could have phrased it better, and perhaps you could have taken it lighter, and I SURE AS HELL could have kept my mouth shut. No worries...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,574 Posts
ArrivalBlueSS said:
I am sorry I said that, I was a little upset and it was wrong.

I was just upset about all the commotion over the price difference and I made a rash and unfounded generalization.

*Singing*

"Feelings...........................Nothing more than.....feelings."



:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,243 Posts
Damn, I spend the day cutting grass and again, I miss the shit. Bottom line on this should be that as a group of owners we have each others backs on good prices and share the info. If a sponsored vendor has a higher price on an item than some where else, guess what? I'm buying it elsewhere and letting everyone know. The vendor can either price match or not sell merchandise, their choice. Just because somewone pays ekool $$ every month to be visable here and sell products, does not mean that I should or would buy from them if they are not priced right. And yes, I will shop elsewhere for a $10 difference, maybe even $5 - that's not cheap... it's frugal. I only have so much money for cars, guns and ammo after bills, so my money is spent wisely.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,070 Posts
Blu_Redline said:
Damn, I spend the day cutting grass and again, I miss the shit. Bottom line on this should be that as a group of owners we have each others backs on good prices and share the info. If a sponsored vendor has a higher price on an item than some where else, guess what? I'm buying it elsewhere and letting everyone know. The vendor can either price match or not sell merchandise, their choice. Just because somewone pays ekool $$ every month to be visable here and sell products, does not mean that I should or would buy from them if they are not priced right. And yes, I will shop elsewhere for a $10 difference, maybe even $5 - that's not cheap... it's frugal. I only have so much money for cars, guns and ammo after bills, so my money is spent wisely.

Cars, guns, and ammo..are you my brother from another mother?
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top