Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
i am not sure about this but i think that the one from the normal Ion will fit, dont quote me on that one but i know barry knows or i think he was the one that had it, if it was not him one of the 4 his family owns ( :p lucky family)

try a search or just wait for barry to chime in

·
Registered
28 Posts
navymitch12 said:
i am not sure about this but i think that the one from the normal Ion will fit....
I always got the optional center consoles on my SL2s because I liked having an armrest, but I wouldn't get one in the RL. I had an ION2 loaner that had one when my car was in for a "we owe" last week, and the damn thing was so tall that it was uncomfortable to put my arm on, and so far forward that I kept banging my elbow into it. I don't think I could shift if I had one in the RL.

f.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I bought this one from the parts dept and the guy said the part # for this one was Red Line specific, not the same as the one for the regular Ion coupe. The only thing he could figure was that is was the same color as the redline's plastic interior parts and the regular one was not. Otherwise he said the one on the display wall looked just like it (quad coupe).

And from using the console for over 4000 miles, if you would hit it while shifting, I could only imagine that either you don't know how to shift properly or you must be shifting with your foot. :rolleyes:

Price: around $82 with a 10% discount

Attachments

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
im not sure about that i shift with my foot all the time and i have more trouble getting around the steering wheel to get back to the gas pedal i dont think the arm rest would be anything to worry about if u were shifting with your foot

·
Registered
55 Posts
If I remember right there are two small metal clips to install on the plastic trim. Pretty simple, they just snap in. Then it's just two screws into the metal clips and one into the base of the armrest.

Don't quote me on that; it's been a while since I put mine in, but it's definately a simple install.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Blu_Redline said:
...if you would hit it while shifting, I could only imagine that either you don't know how to shift properly or you must be shifting with your foot. :rolleyes:
hehe. I only shift with my foot when I wear heavy boots and need to work the pedals with my hands, so I must be shifting wrong.

Maybe it's a difference in body proportions, too -- I've got pretty long, gangly arms and legs, so I have the seat pretty far back and also have quite a bit of arm to bend when I go through the gears.

If you have the exact body measurements everything in the car was designed for, you're lucky. For the rest of us, I guess it's the same old story -- "your mileage may vary".

f.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Blu_Redline said:
I bought this one from the parts dept and the guy said the part # for this one was Red Line specific, not the same as the one for the regular Ion coupe. The only thing he could figure was that is was the same color as the redline's plastic interior parts and the regular one was not. Otherwise he said the one on the display wall looked just like it (quad coupe).

And from using the console for over 4000 miles, if you would hit it while shifting, I could only imagine that either you don't know how to shift properly or you must be shifting with your foot. :rolleyes:

Price: around $82 with a 10% discount

If you could get a part number for us, it would be greatly appreciated, since my dealer in Pittsburgh can't find a listing for a RL armrest.

Thank you

·
Registered
12 Posts
I"m gonna save you all the trouble, the quad coupes armrest IS the SAME part number as the redline's, they fit exactly the same way. I work at a dealer and have on instaleld on my RL< so I can guarrantee you it's the same, besides the fact that I used to work in the parts department.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol shifting with yoiur feet is fun.

that looks good i am also there on monday to order.

·
Registered
22 Posts
redlinetjm said:
I"m gonna save you all the trouble, the quad coupes armrest IS the SAME part number as the redline's, they fit exactly the same way. I work at a dealer and have on instaleld on my RL< so I can guarrantee you it's the same, besides the fact that I used to work in the parts department.

Thanks for the info. I'll be going to get one soon.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
redlinetjm said:
Well, I can only tell you what the Saturn Dealer parts mgr told me. He said that his book showed a different part number for the Red Line. Sometimes ya just have to believe the guy behind the counter when you don't know for sure yourself. :confused:

The following is the part number from the shipping label: Part # 22730711 description: console asm-

The thing I like best about it is the way the top slides forward. With the top in the rear position, there is PLENTY of ROOM between the shifter and the console. Once the car is at cruising speed, slide that baby forward and park the ol' elbow for a comfortable lean. :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, quick question to the people that already have the arm rest. Do you still have access to the storage space below it? Stupid question, but I was just wondering.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
PyromansRedLine said:
Hey, quick question to the people that already have the arm rest. Do you still have access to the storage space below it? Stupid question, but I was just wondering.
I ordered one and am picking it up tommorow. The only thing i do not like about it is the fact that it doesnt match the trim in the redline.

It is like dark charcoal next to black.

If i end up buying it i will take pics of it and my install

·
Registered
489 Posts
Well an armrest came with my ION 3 standard, and I just got rid of mine. I put in the plastic bin instead, that is available for the ION 1's. Much better that way. By the way, I was always hitting my elbow, and at the least, shifting uncomfortably because I had to bend my elbow up.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
saturnd00d said:
Well an armrest came with my ION 3 standard, and I just got rid of mine. I put in the plastic bin instead, that is available for the ION 1's. Much better that way. By the way, I was always hitting my elbow, and at the least, shifting uncomfortably because I had to bend my elbow up.

So what you are saying is that you have one for sale????

1 - 20 of 33 Posts