Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

ATTN: Those of you who have tried Eibachs

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  scooter 
#1 ·
Just what kind of modifications had to be done for them to fit? I don't think anyone's really explained it.

#2 ·
Eibach Spring's

The tech's at the dealership had to get a couple of parts off a Vue and then had to modify those so that they would fit. Once done it threw the alignment way off. The springs we put on our other 3 Red Lines went on w/o a problem and the alignment was within spec's. My car is now 1" plus lower than our other Red Lines. My strong advice to you is "NOT" do it w/ Eibach's.

#3 ·
Barry said:
The tech's at the dealership had to get a couple of parts off a Vue and then had to modify those so that they would fit. Once done it threw the alignment way off. The springs we put on our other 3 Red Lines went on w/o a problem and the alignment was within spec's. My car is now 1" plus lower than our other Red Lines. My strong advice to you is "NOT" do it w/ Eibach's.

Yes, if you can help it, don't get the Eibachs!

#5 ·
linenoyz said:
I just can't fathom how a set of springs could differ so much from another. What parts from the Vue had to be used?
I know it doesn't make any since but, trust me and Barry. We (Saturn of Port Richey) have lowered about 7 RL's now and the 1st one was Barry's (1st RL every to be lowered more than factory) and we used the Eibach's. (suggested by a company) There's alot more to this story but, my fingers can't take it. If you wanna use the Eibach's, the part from the Vue is the Rubber ring used in the strut. It will eliminate the noise the Eibach's make. (popping, creaking, Etc.) If ya need anymore info, feel free to PM me or holla at me at work. Toll free in Florida 800-859-2804, ask for "Scooter".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.