Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ran a older guy in audi s4 today on the way to work needless to say he was very suprised when he hit it and i did also. it was a very close run not a real winner here i was in front then he was slightly then i got ahead again. nice car and he waved as he turned off. i would have though they were faster than that and he was on it pretty hard the whole way. i sure he would have won up top he was starting to gain around 100-110. oh well just though id put it here.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
zfactor said:
ran a older guy in audi s4 today on the way to work needless to say he was very suprised when he hit it and i did also. it was a very close run not a real winner here i was in front then he was slightly then i got ahead again. nice car and he waved as he turned off. i would have though they were faster than that and he was on it pretty hard the whole way. i sure he would have won up top he was starting to gain around 100-110. oh well just though id put it here.

ahem....
well i had the pleasure of racing an S4 at the track last week,
he was consistently pulling 13.5 - 13.7 runs

kinda hard to keep up with that in a RL right now...

he said he had filled it with racing gas and did some reprogramming,
his goal is currently to hit 13.3's

·
Registered
541 Posts
my_bd said:
ahem....
well i had the pleasure of racing an S4 at the track last week,
he was consistently pulling 13.5 - 13.7 runs

kinda hard to keep up with that in a RL right now...

he said he had filled it with racing gas and did some reprogramming,
his goal is currently to hit 13.3's

I would havta agree on this....Raced one around a 90 degree corner and up an on ramp....Hit about 70ish when he pulled hard!!! A4s all day long and into the night, S4s?? Take somthing a stock redline don't have.....

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rip_vw32 said:
I would havta agree on this....Raced one around a 90 degree corner and up an on ramp....Hit about 70ish when he pulled hard!!! A4s all day long and into the night, S4s?? Take somthing a stock redline don't have.....
like i said he was an older guy so i cant speak for him but i can tell from the reaction of him he was very suprised. he may not have been on it as hard as i though but it sounded like he was pushing it pretty good. he was probably in his 60's he was just kinda smiling at first then kinda looked real suprised likt he was gonna walk away with it really easy. thats all i said. i never said i beat him. and as i said man once we got up near 110 he was pulling on me pretty good. these seem to have good top end to them
and it did seem to have much better top end than low end we were real close starting out and he gradully started passing me and as i said around 100 he was just starting to go right by me.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I am surprised at you guys, no one asked if it was the current model S4 with the V8 or the past model S4 with the bi turbo 6. If it was the past model with the bi turbos they are only good for a [email protected] so a redline could def keep up with it from a roll in stock form, if it was a V8 current model well then i would have imagined he would have walked you hard.

·
Registered
25 Posts
According to Road and Track the 03 runs a 13.9. Was it a newer model?

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
I've raced an S4 unknowingly and I can tell you for sure that the thing's a brute. Guy had 3 people in his car and pulled a car and a half on me by 45 mph. I had a decent launch with minimal wheel hop too. He claimed it was twin turboed. I've never seen a car move like this one though. Is there a faster version of the s4 I was missing?

·
Registered
888 Posts
last model S4 was the bi turbo came with 250hp ran a [email protected] stock was easily modded with a chip and exhaust could put down some impressive numbers, the current model S4 while faster then the bi turbo model comes with a V8 but can't be modded nearly as easily unless you want to dump in alot of money.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it was the 6 model according to the numbers on the rear of it. neither one of us walked away with this one it was really close but like i said at 100 or so he started pullin on me.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
There isn't an Audi in the 4-line with the twin turbo V8, but there is an RS6, which is based on the A6, and has a 450-some HP TT V8; good for twelve second runs, they're the ultimate sleepers too, because they're just big Audi sedans. True Q-ships.

·
Registered
888 Posts
zfactor said:
it was the 6 model according to the numbers on the rear of it. neither one of us walked away with this one it was really close but like i said at 100 or so he started pullin on me.
That means it was an A6, def not an RS6 cause you would have gotten smoked.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I saw an Audi badged just like that yesterday afternoon. Said A6 on the back, but it had an S4 logo on the rear quarter panel, I think it was the rear quarter panel. I was real confused as to which car it was...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i like the looks of those, i see one every couple of days on my way to work in rush hour, has the S4 badge on the left side of the trunk, i figure it means sport, nice blue color. bet they cost a mint too...

if they wouldn't beat us, that would be sad. hmmm....

MSRP Price Range $45,850 - $55,150
Invoice Price Range $42,244 - $50,787

from MSN.com

for that much you can get a SKY or Solstice with an ls2 swapped in, only need 10g's down...

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
The S4's that I'm used to seeing don't say anything other than S4 right on the back of the car. The one I saw yesterday is different than I'm used to seeing. I think it's a new badge that they're using, I saw an AudiTT with the same badge on it the other day. Also, this one that I saw yesterday didn't seem to have the mild ground effects and trim that I'm used to seeing. Not sure...

The NEW S4's would kill us before the race started... the OLD ones are alot slower...

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
this did have the red colored badge on the back though with the letter through it like on the web site??? it looked just like that badge i saw his car again today but i couldn't find him to ask him what exactly it was.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Ok guys this what you are seeing. You are seeing A4's, TT's and A6's with the S badges on them. You see people do this with BMW's also, they put the M badge on them eventhough thats not what they are. They never made an S model TT or an S model A6 (just the RS6) before and nobody with an S4 is going to put an A6 badge on their car. If this guy that you raced had an A6 badge on the back of his car he probably just threw the S4 logo on the back of it, kinda like the honda guys that throw the SI badges on their non SI cars. I have even seen AMG badges on non amg mercedes, people do it all the time, but whos gonna put an A6 badge on an S4? First off an A6 is a different size car then an S4, if they were going to do something like that they would put an A4 badge on it. Also the S4 badge is pretty much the same if not exactly the same as it was for the last model S4's.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
elohdaeh78 said:
Ok guys this what you are seeing. You are seeing A4's, TT's and A6's with the S badges on them. You see people do this with BMW's also, they put the M badge on them eventhough thats not what they are. They never made an S model TT or an S model A6 (just the RS6) before and nobody with an S4 is going to put an A6 badge on their car. If this guy that you raced had an A6 badge on the back of his car he probably just threw the S4 logo on the back of it, kinda like the honda guys that throw the SI badges on their non SI cars. I have even seen AMG badges on non amg mercedes, people do it all the time, but whos gonna put an A6 badge on an S4? First off an A6 is a different size car then an S4, if they were going to do something like that they would put an A4 badge on it. Also the S4 badge is pretty much the same if not exactly the same as it was for the last model S4's.
No, it's NOT an actual S4 badge, I should have been clearer in my second post about it. It's a little different. Next time I see one I'll walk up to it and stare at it close up and see what it really is. I THINK it's just an S with a red slash through it. Not like the S4 badge...

I'm not a moron, I know all about rebadging cars. This is a little different. It's not in the same place, it's not the same size, but it looks VERY similar to the S4 badges.

Ok, I went to the Audi website.... it's called the 'S-Line' package for the Audi A6 with the 4.2. Sport Suspension, bigger wheels, S-Line badges on the side and front, different front grill, and VERY mild ground effects. This is a different car the the S4... it seems to be an in-between option for the A6-S4 people.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Sp00ner said:
No, it's NOT an actual S4 badge, I should have been clearer in my second post about it. It's a little different. Next time I see one I'll walk up to it and stare at it close up and see what it really is. I THINK it's just an S with a red slash through it. Not like the S4 badge...

I'm not a moron, I know all about rebadging cars. This is a little different. It's not in the same place, it's not the same size, but it looks VERY similar to the S4 badges.

Ok, I went to the Audi website.... it's called the 'S-Line' package for the Audi A6 with the 4.2. Sport Suspension, bigger wheels, S-Line badges on the side and front, different front grill, and VERY mild ground effects. This is a different car the the S4... it seems to be an in-between option for the A6-S4 people.
Interesting and i was not calling you a moron. You just posted that you had a race with an S4, yet it had an A6 badge on it so i figured there was no way someone with an S4 would put and A6 badge on their car.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts