Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Passed him on the way home and gave him a friendly rev as I passed. About an 1/8 mile up the road we met at a light. I looked over at him and this time he was rev'n it at me. I rev back and wait for the light. It turns green and I get a helluva good launch and pulled a half a car on him in first.

Once I hit second, third and fourth he could not pull on me. Granted, his front bumper was at my quad door to 100 but still.......

At the next light I tried to give a thumbs up for a good run but he wouldn't even look over at me. :D

·
Registered
332 Posts
dang sweet kill man. those cars are sweet looking and are pretty quick.

·
Registered
21 Posts
There is a TT that I often come across on the way home on the interstate. He is usually going about 10mph faster than traffic. I finally played one day, and got in behind hima and followed speed. He sped up, and I just kept running with him. Didn't bother to pass him, just showed that he wasn't going to run away.

·
Registered
21 Posts
...and why is it that so many people won't even look over after a good little race? Are they angry or what? If I win or lose, doesn't matter, I'll still give a nod over to the guy should I find myself next to him. But often, they won't look, almost like they are taking it personally. I guess I get it from having been around racing for a long time, it's just a respect thing.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Menehune said:
...and why is it that so many people won't even look over after a good little race? Are they angry or what? If I win or lose, doesn't matter, I'll still give a nod over to the guy should I find myself next to him. But often, they won't look, almost like they are taking it personally. I guess I get it from having been around racing for a long time, it's just a respect thing.

I hear ya there man. Even if I get my ass waxed I still give a courteous thumbs up or peace sign.

Then again, I'd be mad too if I paid $35K plus for a sports car only to get beat by a Saturn Ion LOL!!! If only I could have told him that my car is stock except for the exhaust and air filter. :p

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
i am 19 have been driving for 3 years now and when ever i race someone win or lose i try to give them some credit and now that i actually have a faster car i am just happy that people race me still most will just drive away slowly like they are afraid to race such a nice car or just afraid to lose, me personally i will race anyone who pulls us next to me and revs i dont care how much i might know im gonna lose by its just fun to compair my car with others

·
Registered
767 Posts
I will race anyone who revs on me, but after they hear the supercharger some of them dont even want to try.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree. I'll race anyone, even if I know they'll hand me my ass. It's just fun. I didn't buy this car to tootle around all the time. Plus, you never know if the other guy is a bad driver or will miss a gear or two. :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
i have been racing for only about two months now..ive been tearing up the streets...kills include: 2002 civic, 1989 5.0 L mustang, 2005 V6 mustang, 2002 and 2003 Beamer (i dont know what models cuz i dont know much about BMW), 2002 Acura TSX, 350 Z (chick driver, i think in auto), . Ive only been beaten by an STI, and that was surprisingly less then a car length loss. ive had a few races on the freeway and still havnt been beaten. i will challenge anybody, most of the people ive raced are cool, i even talk to some about the race after we race, most of them ask me "is that a saturn" i love them saying that and i reply with hell yeah!. only two people have been dicks to me, both of them ricers that got their asses handed to them.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Ahhhhh I love the looks on peoples faces, I haven't really had to much play but I still only have 600 miles on my car :), I've actually had an challange givin to me by a kid driving a 97 Eclipse NON-TURBO with only an exhaust an intake. BEST PART IS HE THINKS HE CAN WIN!! I just laughed, I've been waiting to see him on the streets but haven't seen him yet, I'm still perfecting getting outta first good to though so I would only take him from a roll as of now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts