Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, turns out I did have enough cord to stretch out to the garage (barely :D ).

The audio quality is not the best, mostly because you can hear the wind from the exhaust pipe hitting the microphone as well. You may also need to turn up tthe volume on your computer and/or media player to hear it decently.

This was just in neutral reving up the engine. It sounds much better when you're driving down the road running through the gears. This will give yall an idea at least.

There's about a 15 second delay because I had to hit record on the computer in my bedroom and then run to the garage and rev it up.

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000095827_000023963.mp3

·
Registered
293 Posts
The easiest and often the best way of getting a sound clip is by having a digital camcorder videotape it. Using a regular mic off the computer usually ends up sounding like that.

Do you or anyone you know have something like that?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
linenoyz said:
The easiest and often the best way of getting a sound clip is by having a digital camcorder videotape it. Using a regular mic off the computer usually ends up sounding like that.

Do you or anyone you know have something like that?

No. Off hand, I don't know anyone with one.

That wasn't a regular computer mic though. It was a Shure PG48 that I use to record my guitar stuff with.

I may redo one and set the mic off to the side instead of a few feet behind the tailpipe. :(

Oh well. I can record some great music but have no experience recording car engines LOL! :D

·
Registered
609 Posts
Sounds actually just like my dads! I love it! Much better than stock i must say.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Hey, great effort! I can't imagine running though the house to get it done. Sounds good but something tells me your right, it must sound ten time better down the highway.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
northeast214 said:
it sounds pretty good but i suggest u get a resonator to take out some of the buzzing.

I did not have the stock resonator removed. The buzzing you are hearing is because of the bad audio quality.

It's a shitty recording guys. Believe me.....it sounds really good in person.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts