Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
That's a pretty cool video. How did you mount the camera to the outside of your car?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
max_boost said:
That's a pretty cool video. How did you mount the camera to the outside of your car?
It is mounted off of my headrest. My camera mount is industrial strength and versatile, It consists of CNC'd aluminum blocks that clamp to the headrest uprights. I have one mount location that is between the seats and another one that either sits next to the window or gets extended out the window. I had the mount custom made for me and have an extra one that a friend backed out of buying. There was enough material bought to make at least 10 camera mounts and the thought was to sell them at the car shows in the area. If there is interest here, I'll find out what the pricing is for the base unit and the optional arm that gives the window/out the car mount. I'll take some pics and post them later.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I had a similar idea. I was worried about the seat vibrateing to much. Looks pretty stable from your video. Nice job man.

I willbe getting a small camera to mount on my roof.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dude not bad,
I like the shots
however we need to get some views from outside of the cars
the best vid I've seen so far
looking forward to your next one

·
Registered
384 Posts
Kenni said:
Dude not bad,
I like the shots
however we need to get some views from outside of the cars
the best vid I've seen so far
looking forward to your next one
video smideo---love the saturn girl

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SatredL said:
Damn that right tire got smoked!! Nice vid,will there be more?
as I get decent footage, I'll make another. In the mean time, I'll post some autoX pics in the gallery - should be there by 6/28.

PS - it is no challenge to smoke the front tires in an autoX run. I have put down many 75+ foot patches of rubber exiting a turn into a straight. My Dunlops are approx 70% at 9K miles. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts