21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
nm I got it

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the 6 disc cd changer that looks exactly like yours but when I press the aux it goes to cd. When I press it again it does nothing. It doesnt go to an xm 1 or 2. Please Help!!

·
Registered
435 Posts
So not all 04s have the XM function then?

·
Registered
156 Posts
did this to my 06 ss. i spent 6$ on the aux jack and its by far the best 6 bucks ever spent

·
Registered
435 Posts
Can I just eliminate AM and use that? I don't listen to any AM stations.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, im curious if you can just eliminate AM. Im not sure if my car has a 6 Disc so does that really matter? I want a way to hook my Ipod up without getting an aftermarket radio as i prefer the stock look.

·
whore whore whore whore
9,037 Posts
didn't read all posts, but you don't need the six disk, just xm. all u need to do is cut the wire for xm, attatch a female aux jack to it, so u can plug ur ipod/iphone/mp3 player into it.

we did this on a buddies ion3 qc

·
Registered
111 Posts
Will the display read XM 1 and XM 2 if you hit the AUX button, even if you don't have the AUX jack installed yet? I cycled through the AUX it has CD, FM, and AM, but I noticed when there are no CDs in that it just cycles through AM and FM, so I am wondering if there is a way to know if you have XM without pulling the head unit out and seeing if you have the wires. And is it true that if I got to that point and didn't have XM wires, that I could sacrifice the AM for an AUX input?

It's not a Saturn, but my girlfriend's Mazda CX7 is the same way about not saying AUX unless there is something plugged into the jack. it will cycle through CD, FM, FM2, and AM, but if you plug her mp3 in, then it adds AUX IN to the cycle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I installed the jack (great write up) and it worked fine. The only problem is that i get a high pitch wine that is related to engine speed. I think it's the alternator putting some bad feed back into the system, but I don't hear it on the normal radio. I tried grounding it to different spot(could be better) and it helped a little bit, but not much. I also bought a group loop isolater and it helped, but didn't make it go away...
could it be the alternator, a bad connection, bad grounding?
any suggestions?

·
Registered
18 Posts
It’s 16/18 gauge wire. I first grounded it to the stereo ground like the instructions. I got a lot of stereo noise so I changed it. Right now it's connected to metal frame the stereo bolts to. I drilled a hole through it and soldered it to the mount so the paint/coating wouldn’t affect it. This still isn’t the best ground since it's not the car's frame and may not pull enough current. I just don’t think that connecting to the frame will fix the problem. The sound is a high pitch wine that directly responds to engine RPMs. There is also a weird sound when I press the gas pedal.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Edit: Ignore me for i am a fool only got front two speakers to work so far. Jumped the gun a little bit

Awesome news i figured out how to do this on my 04 stock head unit without xm, will post on here if anyone is still interested

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes please post. I don't have XM, but I'd like to do this. Is the connection on the back still present for the XM input, but it only shows XM when toggling through AUX inputs if something is connected to the input?

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
I bought an xm unit with bibjjjjiii's or whatever his name is idea but havent done it yet. post please.

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
it was out of an 04 denali, same pinout

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Okay, so I am a little confused. I haven't actually done anything yet, just trying to figure it out. I have XM on my 04, no AAS. So if I hook everything up as described in the how-to, the music will play on channel 0? Is that the channel that displays your XM's serial number (or whatever the code is)? Will it still show the code?

Also, OP, where did you get that dummy switch?

21 - 40 of 57 Posts