Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum just picked up a 2004 RL silver , with the 6 disc changer/mp3 player and looking to hook up my Xm radio to it, but any AUX input i have h found says wont work with the in-dash changer, i really dont want to swap out the changer or the head unit,or use the FM mod also since the direct connect is not out for the GM vehicles yet , i dot know what to do?

Any help would be great!

Shawn

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
they offer XM so there should be some solution available through your dealer

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
the radio I belive is ready for it. They have an input like a cd changer that just attaches then you just run it through the stereo like it belongs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will not work with our radios, GM12-aux by P.I.E says it will work with all radios but the 6 disc/mp3 radio, i have emailed just about every company out there and everyone said it wont work or they were not sure, Also the Direct connect that Xm has to hook up to you factory radio is only out for aftermarket radios and also BMW and one other.

i am screwed, i dont like FM modulation

·
Registered
42 Posts
speaking of aux inputs. I have one of the 6 disc/mp3/XM radios in my car. The AUX button switches between CD and 2 XM inputs. Are those actual inputs? Meaning can I connect a different souce to the 2nd XM channel?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same radio, but not the same problem. One thing I would like is either steering wheel radio controls or at last some sort of remote, because it is a pain in the ass to flip through 100 radio channels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts