Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

So it seems like the AUX input in my stock headunit (06 redline) went bad - I thought that maybe it was the cable from the zune to the radio that went bad, but i replaced that today and it still sounds horrible...sounds like the audio is coming out of a can.

Anyone else ever had the same problem with the AUX input on those headunits? I'm at a loss in terms of what i should do to fix the problem...any info appreciated!

·
Boost get some.
3,260 Posts
Did you check your zune first with a set of head phones to make sure its still good?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup - its a brand new zune HD and it works perfectly with the aux input in other cars...just not MY car for some wierd reason...

fyi: the AUX input USED to work perfectly fine....something must have happened to it recently :-/

·
Boost get some.
3,260 Posts
That sucks some wheres around here someone said something about the plug going out on there radio. I will see if I can find it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help - i appreciate it - Ive been searching around and couldn't find anything - i stopped by saturn today and they said that they might hook me up with a new radio...but i won't count on that really happening since the warranty is up

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
omg omg omg - that would probably be perfect - I'm waiting for a call back from saturn on Tuesday to see if they'll get one for free - if not ill take you up on your offer! Thanks!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
booya! i was able to get the problem resolved myself - I basically removed the radio, took off the faceplate and installed a new 3.5mm jack where the old one used to be. Took a little trial and error to figure out what cable goes where and kinda jury rigged the whole thing together but hey - I've got an aux input that actually works now!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts