Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to look at one of the last 2004 black ion redlines i could find in Ohio. I drove 2 hours to see and test drive the car. I will not say a name,but the salesman came out to show it to me since the original one i had conversed with wasn't there. He drives my girlfriend and myself back to the car. He gives me the keys to start it up and let it warm up for a minute. Everything at this point is fantastic. I'm loving every minute of it. My girl and I get out of the 5-speed Vue that he dropped us off in. After we get out he revs the engine drops the hammer on it and takes off to the other side of the lot while shifting gears very aggresively. He parks the car back on the lot and comes over by the Redline. He starts telling me things about it and i do already know a lot about them because i did my research. He then hops in the car after it has only been running for maybe 2-3 min at the most and revs the crap out of it. Now i'm just kind of offended that he is doing this to a car that may be mine. :mad:
Well we go on a test drive and he's telling me things about it while i'm informing him on what the actual numbers on it were. Case in point he says the sales manager told them these things had a F force rating of 8 something. I told him he must be reffering to the g-force. He said yeah thats it. So on our test drive i get into it through second up to 6 g's and into 3rd a little to see how well it gets there. I was happy with the power it had compared to the last one i drove.
Got back to the dealer to discuss some numbers. As before his famous words were let me put this away. As soon as he gets in it he revs it up. Takes off around the building spinning them into second gear and hauling it around the backside of the lot. At this point i am very upset. I know i'm not getting that car. I decided to let this play out. He said that the price for it is 17,299. (Thats a nice chunk off for that car.) The more i talk with him and the sales manager the more i'm not liking this place. The sales manager said the he smoked an older gentleman who was a indy car racer in a supercharged Mini Cooper with his base Ion sedan coming out of a set of turns. He also said that in order for us Redline people to get 10 hp more we need to close a release plate on the throttle body with a zip tie. I have no clue about the mini,ion sedan, and the zip tie thing. I just know that i will not be returning to there because of their lack of profession. Looks like i'll have to wait for the 2005 with the Competition Package.

·
Registered
327 Posts
RLnewbie said:
The sales manager said the he smoked an older gentleman who was a indy car racer in a supercharged Mini Cooper with his base Ion sedan coming out of a set of turns.
That's funny, just the other day I was driving along and I saw Mike Shumacher in a turbo'd Ferrari and smoked his arse in my 99 SC1. Then I went to the lake and caught a fish THIS big. And Danica Patrick was there and she saw how big my...fish...was and told me she wanted to bear my child. So we did it right there at the lake. And then, one time at band camp...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry about the bad experiance. They sound like real tools. I think I would have just left when I heard hime revving the crap out of it.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
RLnewbie said:
Avoid Saturn of Mentor...
Give Saturn of North Olmsted a try when you go looking again. I got mine there and the sales person was nice. Not all that knowledgable on the Red Line ION, but at least he did not hot rod things when we went on the test ride. Saturn of Middleburg Heights is the same franchise owners, if they're closer to you. Their parts dept in N Olmsted stocks hi performance parts for Saturns and the guy I talked to said he wants them to be known as the place to go for such parts. FWIIW.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Where in Ohio are you? Saturn of Beechmont still had a silver 2004 Red Line and Saturn of Dayton South has a blue, but I don't know of any down south that still have a black.

I highly recommend Saturn of Kings in Cincinnati - all of the sales people have been their 7 or more years, most since 1991, and really really know their stuff! Also, they are incredibly friendly and helpful, and he only revved the engine on the Red Line when I asked him too. :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live on RT 3 about 15 min north of Mount Vernon. I know there is a silver 04 at Saturn West in Columbus. I am just very picky. I want a black one. Thanks for everyone's help.

·
Registered
327 Posts
RLnewbie said:
I am just very picky. I want a black one.
I'm with you on that. That's why I'm ordering one instead of buying from stock.

I had to go without a sunroof on my SC1 because I needed it immediately (my car died). So now I have a theory that if I'm going to spend that much money on something, no skimping.

·
Registered
556 Posts
bbrazil said:
I'm with you on that. That's why I'm ordering one instead of buying from stock....
I ordered mine at the beginning of May 2004.

My salesguy called on 5/17/2004 to say they received a message from Saturn saying my Red Line was completed on May 17th.

Now, 9 months later, with the use of the VIN# thread, I learned that my particular car was built on 4/29/2004. A week before I went in to order it.

All these lies drive me absolutely crazy!

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts