Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any place or kit i can buy to convert my fwd ion redline to a AWD ion redline which would be amazing?????? if anyone knows anything please let me know

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
you could finagle something, and thousands of dollars, yourself with a vue drivetrain perhaps

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
No hump down the center of the car, so pretty much impossible. Well there is but the exhaust is there....

I dunno how you one wheel wonder guys deal with this car.....it cant even handle a limited slip...

However I do love my AWD in my Vue it just needs about another 100HP to actually be useful...

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
who knows maybe he is making a rally car :p altho there is fwd classes

·
DSLSJA Godfather
12,303 Posts
Launching/handling. Obviously much better than fwd.

To the OP... you would be better off selling your car and getting a awd vehicle if that is really what you want. IF it could be done it wouldnt be worth the cost.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Buy a Subaru

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
I remember someone on here that was converting his car to RWD. Not sure if he ever finished.

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
AWD is a waste. Unfortunately, so is FWD. I can't believe that so many people have forsaken what was common knowledge 30-40 years ago:

Mid-Engine- RWD.

It's simple, really.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
No hump down the center of the car, so pretty much impossible. Well there is but the exhaust is there....

I dunno how you one wheel wonder guys deal with this car.....it cant even handle a limited slip...

However I do love my AWD in my Vue it just needs about another 100HP to actually be useful...
OMFG!

you do realize that your vue is 100% FWD untill the computer senses traction loss, then it compensates with the rear wheels as needed right? usually in increments of 5-10% power transfer...

AWD on the VUE is useless in any weather condition... how do i know this? i have an 06 AWD VUE and i live in colorado...

it does well in the snow but the AWD rarely ever kicks in. and this was confirmed by two dealerships when i was wondering why the AWD wasn't engaging when it was supposed to... in every tech that i have ever paid a visit too's words... "It is simply a poor AWD design"

·
Registered
12,005 Posts
Because FWD sucks, everybody knows this.

AWD > FWD in every situation.

To the OP, it really wouldn't be worth it to convert your Redline to AWD. You're better off buying a car that already has AWD.
yeah except above 70mph right? stfu fanboi.

·
F_ck Bates
5,376 Posts
ok im gonna go on a rant hea.

why the hell do people buy a fwd drive car then want to convert it to awd or rwd. if u wanted the traction and lanch of a awd then buy one. if u want the launck and fun a a rwd then buy one. i love that i can drive my car in the snow with its lsd and i didnt have any problem wit hthe snow n.y. just got. almost 2 feet. i dug the rl out and let it warm up and off i went. try doing that in my tt 300zx. not gonna fuicking happen. u can with the awd. but ur also carrying around close to 1000 more pounds in the awd system and the 4 cylinder will fall on it ass up top when ur running it. just like most wrx i run. awesome off the launch but there shit after second gear. right when i start to runthem dowm then beat there ass.

the fwd application of the rl lets me get everything i need out of my car. i can drive it to work everyday and the track on wed and sat and kill most things i run into on the highway. i love myrl and the face people have when there rwd 240s and awd wrx starring at the saturn in my rear bumper scratching there head....

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
OMFG!

you do realize that your vue is 100% FWD untill the computer senses traction loss, then it compensates with the rear wheels as needed right? usually in increments of 5-10% power transfer...

AWD on the VUE is useless in any weather condition... how do i know this? i have an 06 AWD VUE and i live in colorado...

it does well in the snow but the AWD rarely ever kicks in. and this was confirmed by two dealerships when i was wondering why the AWD wasn't engaging when it was supposed to... in every tech that i have ever paid a visit too's words... "It is simply a poor AWD design"
Errr...yes I do know this.....but i live in GA......and it doesnt snow here...

and your wrong on the computer part.....the computer has nothing to do with any of it....its all purely mechanical......Its a more basic version of the VersaTrak system.

I bet I can beat a IRL to 100 in the rain in my VUE.....:bananahum

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Errr...yes I do know this.....but i live in GA......and it doesnt snow here...

and your wrong on the computer part.....the computer has nothing to do with any of it....its all purely mechanical......Its a more basic version of the VersaTrak system.

I bet I can beat a IRL to 100 in the rain in my VUE.....:bananahum
I have to side with boosthard on this one. That AWD system is in fact computer controlled. I also had an '04 V6 AWD and know from 3 years driving it how that system works. Look it up and do some reading.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
OMFG!

so true, i have an 03 v6 awd vue and i have a very steep driveway. By the time the computer realizes it needs to be awd its too late and i lost all of my momentum. Its still better than just FWD, but i wish it was just FWD and then had a button to make it AWD.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
I know how it works too....We've discussed this many times on the Saturn Fans Forums....It is not Computer controlled, If it was there would be some wires or somthing going into the RDM...?...What exactly do you think is computer controlled?

Read this: the GM part: Three Innovative All-Wheel-Drive Systems - Popular Mechanics

VUE VersaTrak AWD system - SaturnFans Forums
Rain or not... if you can't beat an AWD VUE to 100mph you are fucking retarded and need to buy a car with an automatic trans.

Did you know that it is a proven fact that the FWD VUE is faster than the AWD VUE?
And the non RL's are faster than the RL's...

and my point was that the AWD on the VUE is useless at any HP. Or any weather condition.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.