Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking I need new wheel bearing. I'm uploading a video and after Christmas I`m replacing my struts. It would be a good time to replace, reason I'm posting is I'm trying to figure out if thats all I need. I have tons of gear noise. Had tranny fluid changed less than 5,000 miles ago and I'm at 80k.
When driving you can hear grinding when turning putting pressure on driver side gets worse when turning to other side it goes away.

Wheel noise - YouTube

And is this the right part from rockauto.
RockAuto Parts Catalog
GMB Part # 7990297

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It is a bad bearing just need to make sure Im ordering the right part. Just pulled it off car and it is clearly it.

·
....Just A Saturn My Ass
1,222 Posts
This exact same thing happened to me when I would turn all the way to one side, it would grind click. GM replaced both of my front axles under warranty and it went away.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine did it at all times and I'm out of warranty. But its the wheel bearing once I took it off I spoon passenger side will and clicking n grinding went away

·
....Just A Saturn My Ass
1,222 Posts
Mine did it at all times and I'm out of warranty. But its the wheel bearing once I took it off I spoon passenger side will and clicking n grinding went away
Ahh okay. I understood it was only doing it when turning, not all the time. Glad you found the fix.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry that's my bad I put axle noise before I just dug into it to find out what it was.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts