Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Axle shaft keeps popping out of boot destroying my axle

5K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  sethk 
#1 ·
Ok so having this crazy problem where my rear trans mount broke and i trashed my axle. I then replaced the mount and the axle. Well driving down the road made a hard left turn and (clunk) my axle popped out of the inner shaft again and tore the end bearings up.... so i pulled it to the house to find that the upper trans mount adapter is stripped out on two bolts.🤔 so i replaced the axle yet again and bam as soon as i backed out the drive way made a left turn it popped again... so upon further inspection my axle is not sitting in the inner shaft like it should at all.😲😲 almost like my engine is moved over an inch or so twards the passenger side. So i put another axle in well a new/used oem one and still thd same issue.. wtf im lost is there a way to realign the engine an trans? or is it f***ed.. oh and when everthing is fully bolted up the bearings for the inner shaft( closest to the trans) is like half in and half out. And when i turn the wheel it comes almost all the way out.. as seen in the last picture. That is also pretty much what it looks like after its all bolted up and sitting on the ground also.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I'd start by checking all four of the mounts, replacing any broken ones, google the instructions for installing the Powell mounts, and follow the pertinent parts for making sure the engine/trans is lined up.

Check suspension parts for breakage/misalignment.

#3 ·
Awesome. Yea i did some research last night about keeping the car level, and loosening up the mounts for the engine and trans to fall in place.. as far as the mounts go they are good. all my suspension parts are good, they are all pretty much brand new with less than 1000 miles on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.