Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone used them on a redline or ion before. I was going to go with sprint but I've read that the B+G springs are better made

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well i bit the bullet and ordered them anyway as soon as they're installed i'll let everyone know how they are

·
Registered
609 Posts
Oh i was gonna reply to this earlier and say that so far the only ones that fit are the sprints.. We have tried eibachs and they didnt work, but you will have to tell us how the b+g's work. How much of a drop is it??

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its a 1.5 inch drop. i was gonna go with sprint but my brothers got B+G
springs on his passat and loves them

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
had the service department put them in yesterday and they are great. the ride is almost the same as the old springs, its raining out today i hope to take some picks tomorrow morning

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was looking at the Einbach springs they list as fitting the RL. Another 1.5" drop would make for a REALLY low ride. Have any of you guys run into problems and is how is the ride with the new springs?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was looking at the eibach springs to but they don't fit without modifications. i've had the springs on for almost a week and no problems.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Any pictures and does anyone know the difference in spring rate between the stock springs, sprint springs, and the b&g springs. I would like to see the car lowered. I will be lowering mine in the spring or summer.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was looking at the Einbach springs they list as fitting the RL. Another 1.5" drop would make for a REALLY low ride. Have any of you guys run into problems and is how is the ride with the new springs?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'll take pictures and post them tomorrow night, the springs dropped the car a little more than an inch and it handles much better than with the stock springs

·
Registered
109 Posts
Any pictures yet. I have seen the sprint springs and I think they make our cars look really good but I would really like to see the b and g spring also.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my car is real dirty, i'm going to get it cleaned tomorrow and take some pics afterwards if not i'll just take pics of the dirty car

·
Registered
524 Posts
Has anyone with lowering springs gotten any shimmy's? Anyone who has had a lowered s-series knows what I mean. I don't mean it shimmering all the time, but maybe at light take off, or at a certain speed just slighty...

Tom

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i don't have any shimmy but i do have a slight rattle when the car is cold

·
Registered
524 Posts
Honestly though, how is the ride quality with the lowering springs. I know sometimes people get excited and what not about their new goodies that they sometimes overlook little things while giving their opinion. I'd love to lower my car but don't really want to sacrifice ride quality. Now I don't want to hear you have to do that blah blah blah. I've ridden in lowered cars where you truly couldn't tell. Having a highly moddified Saturn I'm just concerned about lowering this one. I like the smooth ride and would give up some smoothness. I just don't want shimmering, loud sqeaking from the springs, and bounciness...

Tom

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the first thing i noticed after getting the springs installed was the lack of bouncing. i've had other cars that i've lowered and have gotten the bouncey feeling. as for the ride its only a little bit stiffer than before

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
linenoyz its exactly 1inch front and back i sent pics to euro because for some reason i can't post them

·
Registered
293 Posts
re1080 said:
linenoyz its exactly 1inch front and back i sent pics to euro because for some reason i can't post them
Nice. Email them to me, too, please.

[email protected]

1 - 20 of 31 Posts