Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I put the B&Gs on my car today. I'm not sure if I did something wrong or not but I can't see how I could have. These things sit way too low.
I mean my car is so low I can't even accelerate hard because it's rubbing the back tires in the fenderwells.
My car doesn't have the bump stops in it due to a previous issue I ran into.
Does anyone have any ideas on how I can raise the back of the car some or should I just put my stock springs back on?
I know I have a lot of stuff in the back of the car but this is ridiculous.
I had to put some rubber spring spacers in just to be able to get it home.
I'll have some pics in the morning.
It looks awesome. I just wish I could drive it. LOL

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
B&Gs are the softest you can buy. if you have a lot of weight in your car, you're going to have a problem

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Houston we've had a problem. LOL
Looks like I'll be going back to stock then.
It just looks so good slammed like it is.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 12s in a box 2 battery's and 2 amps.. a carry bag with some hand tools in the back seat.
It wasn't squatted at all on the stock springs.

·
Registered
694 Posts
ooooo wanna swap?

·
Registered
980 Posts
The B&Gs I had had a lot of sag in the ass. They rode rough as hell too. I got a 2" drop almost immediately as well. Never cut or removed the bump stops though on any of my springs.

·
Registered
694 Posts
depends on what you want for em.. ive got some used teins on my car now.. good condition.. not nearly as low as you're describing but a really good practical ride height.. if interested in trading lmk but id have to swap em out first cuz i dont have replacements then send em to ya or if interested in selling.. shoot me a price.. im cheap tho so no guarantees

·
Registered
694 Posts
how low was the front, Scoobs? how bad of a sag would you guestimate it would be if you didnt have stuff in your trunk?

·
Registered
694 Posts
yea im curious... rough ride scares me tho :( the teins are a decent ride for what they are..

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I didn't get tiens because I heard they were terrible.
I also heard the B&Gs were great so I guess I shouldn't always listen to what I hear. LOL

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
any shorter spring has to be stiffer for it to work right.

i vaguely remember a couple people having issues with dead springs.

make sure they're still seated properly.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm gonna put my stock ones back on. I just don't see anyway I can make it work with these on it. I carry too much stuff.
I hope the pedders can carry the weight when I can save up and get them.

·
whore whore whore whore
9,037 Posts
there's no way you should be bottoming out, are you sure u have the right b&gs? i loved mine, the car handled SO much better. who installed these?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts