Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I spoke to someone at GripMotorsports and they still have B&Gs. He has them listed for the Ion/Cobalt/HHR including Redline I thought that was strange so he called B&G and was told they will fit even though theey are set for the Ion. They said the Ion will have a 1.5 drop and the Redline will have less sence it already has a lower stance than a stock Ion. What do you guys think.....Im looking for something that is going to fit my 19s and cant find shit anymore. Ive heard these are soft and Ive also heard they are stiff.

They also carry H&Rs......

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Yes this info is correct about ion to rl. Will drop rl 1-1.25"
Plenty of people running them they look aight.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Yeah I vaugely remember somone making some small spacers or washers to kick the as up like a 1/2"
Mighta been 06ion05vue

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alittle more drop in the back is fine Im runnin 19s and have about 2.25 gap in the front and about 3 in the back. Im thinkin of tryin to drop the back first and then see if it needs it in the front. Is it unadvisable to mix springs?

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Just be careful as the front Cobalt/HHR spring diameter and Ion spring diameter are NOT the same. You can run cobalt springs on a Redline but need spacers and the mount from the cobalt strut assembly. Powell sells a "kit" with everything you need if you go that route.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't get it. The guy I talked to supposedly called B&G while I was on hold and they told him it was the same spring for all of the cars including RL.

·
Registered
905 Posts
yes

and a member on here just lowered on b&g's w/ 18s and rubbed....
Rubbed is vastly understated. LOL
Mine sat down so far that it was basically undriveable without putting some spacers in the springs to lift the back end. Even with the spacers when I accelerated hard it would still rub pretty bad.
I do carry a lot of stuff around though.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Will the normal Ion springs fit the RL without any adapters? If so I think Ill get the H&R. They are rated 1.4 drop on the regular Ion. :redblob:

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
OK so H&Rs are discontinued as well. With everyones comments I am not trusting B&G or Tein......everyone else is discontinued. Do the Pedder springs for cobalt have a drop to them? Anyone have the part number I need a 1.2-1.4 drop anymore I might rub.

OOp NM I found the springs fer $400 on CED..... now the question is do I pay that or just save up and get the adjustable coilovers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts