Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to nyirp yesterday and the ion didnt do to shabby. i was running a consistant 14.7 wih my exhaust bolted up. with it unbolted i was pretty consistant with a 14.4

nyirp is a track good for our cars beacuse it is slightly uphill (only a few degrese) but if you dont have the torque you will not run that well.

at time trials i dialed in at 14.4 because i didnt break it all day and on my first run i ran a 14.29. WHOOOO HOOOOO. i really didnt care i broke out i was like YESSSSSS 14.2!!!

also the funniest part of the night was hearing kids talk to each other about my car.. this was the conversation: "what is up with that saturn? man it has got to be turboed. no way man i think it has to be supercharged. it cant be either because it will make a BSHHHHH noise. oh well that thing is built" :)

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
great ET but your mph seems low, maybe because of the uphill run. what all do you have done?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Very nice time. When you say cutoff, I'm assuming you mean exhaust cut out

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
SoCo Lime said:
...nyirp is a track good for our cars beacuse it is slightly uphill (only a few degrese) but if you dont have the torque you will not run that well...

If the elevation change is the same for both lanes, there won't be an advantage for either side, no matter the torque.

I'm surprised by that though, the elevation change.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
get alot of practice on the street before lancaster because on one of the stagings i rolled back when the amber lights and the "announcer" was like those kids need to learn how to drive thier cars. :mad: the right lane tends to roll back WTF? oh well

aslo the elevation change is the same. but you notice time diffrences when you go to ther tracks :)

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Great times!!! what is your launching technique?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts