Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,831 Posts
The lime green injectors are stock ones.
I believe the factory one only had 2 bolts on each side. It Might be a cobalt wing

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

And idea who is the manufacturer of this modular pulley? Looks like a ZZP style to me, but it's not laser engraved like theirs, so not sure.

Also, found three, yes, three of these 60# injectors. Which would be great if they're any good, would just have to find someone who can inspect and clean them and buy one more for my own setup.
Hand Liquid Camera accessory Fluid Finger

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
FWIW, these are the 42’s in my R/L that I had sent out to Josh B.for cleaning. If they are black and look skinnier, they are probably 60’s. You would need that specific injector harness as the pigtails are different, if he didn’t already give you one.
View attachment 35993
This guy still providing this service? Need to get mine cleaned and tested as well.

·
Super Moderator
1,831 Posts
Yes, josh b owns cat v port worx. I haven't seen him in the forums in multiple years.
Zzp usually engraves. Unless it's an early style. Or might be an early over the top one.
Well, I don't think smoothflow engraved there's. Really no telling.

Actual heat exchanger by the radiator? Stock one works. The aftermarket ones don't really do anything unless you go with a griffin

·
Registered
39 Posts
This guy still providing this service? Need to get mine cleaned and tested as well.
Ya, Josh Bilheimer! He’s one of the best on these platforms! If you’re on FB, look up Cat V Port Worx and message him. He offers a lot of services too. He’s in Troy OH or somewhere around there.
sorry,not sure what happened to my reply earlier, but like Goaliemo said Josh Billheimer does many services on our platform. He is one of the most knowledgeable guys. Get on FB on the Redline forums if you’re not already on, and message him.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Couple more photos. LS4 throttle body and a ZZP flashed PCM, obviously it says KN CAI and LS4 TB, but I wonder what the K means? If a guy want through the trouble of porting the blower and putting on the LS4 TB wonder if I'll find anymore internal engine work. Wonder even more if I'd recognize different valve springs or cams being an ecotec virgin.

Current plan is to send the LSJ head in the be inspected and possibly ported then swap it onto the L61 with the cams and all. Pretty sure it's a clean swap.
Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive exhaust Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Yes, josh b owns cat v port worx. I haven't seen him in the forums in multiple years.
Zzp usually engraves. Unless it's an early style. Or might be an early over the top one.
Well, I don't think smoothflow engraved there's. Really no telling.

Actual heat exchanger by the radiator? Stock one works. The aftermarket ones don't really do anything unless you go with a griffin
That sucks, don't want to just go around buying $100 pulleys until I find one that fits. Need a stock size for the swap.

Factory heat exchanger has a line of holes in the bottom of the plates. Could possibly have it welded, but for that costs I'm thinking I'd just go with the ZZP front mount which is significantly easier to install, the same price, and higher capacity. Bad idea?

·
Super Moderator
1,831 Posts
That sucks, don't want to just go around buying $100 pulleys until I find one that fits. Need a stock size for the swap.

Factory heat exchanger has a line of holes in the bottom of the plates. Could possibly have it welded, but for that costs I'm thinking I'd just go with the ZZP front mount which is significantly easier to install, the same price, and higher capacity. Bad idea?
I'd just roll with a stock unit. The front mount is supposed to be an add on to the stock one. My buddy is clearing out his garage. I'll see if he has one

Got some gouges in the rotors. Trash or run it? View attachment 36011
Coating is def worn some. For doing what you're doing, I'd still run it. Then have em serviced or swapped for a new unit later on. Look at the upgraded coupler kit zzp sells for em

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I'd just roll with a stock unit. The front mount is supposed to be an add on to the stock one. My buddy is clearing out his garage. I'll see if he has one

Coating is def worn some. For doing what you're doing, I'd still run it. Then have em serviced or swapped for a new unit later on. Look at the upgraded coupler kit zzp sells for em
Has some pretty deep gouges in what look to me like crital areas like rotor edges. I'd estimate some about .005 deep. Seems some serious debri had gotten sucked in there. I found a reman rotor pack, but it's listed as 05-07. Car is an 04. They're all the same aren't they? If so, I'm just going to buy them and not have to worry about it, trying to build a stone reliable engine with as much longevity as possible.

If your boy has a heat exchanger, he'd be my favorite guy ever. ZZP sells the front mount with their supercharger kit as the only heat exchanger and recommends it as a replacement, I'd hope it would work, but would prefer to find an OEM replacement.

·
Super Moderator
1,831 Posts
yes sir. all the blowers from 04-07 redlines and 05-07 cobalt ss will work.
He does not have a blower or a stock pulley. But he does indeed have a stock heat exchanger. Ill get you those pics this evening. He sent me like 6 pics of 100 parts crammed into one. lmao

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Anyone in this joint have any advice on a LSJ head on a L61 block? Uses a different coil on plug system that the 07-08 L61 but looks doable. Would just have a useless cam sensor. Would Luke the sodium filled valves and stronger head, also to be able to have an already magnfluxed and flat head ready to roll instead of waiting weeks with my car out of commission.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
I have a 06 Redline i am parting out in a few weeks. If you want i can ch ck the stock HE to see its condition and pull the blower and see what pully is on it and the condition of the roaters. I can also look for anything else you want.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I have a 06 Redline i am parting out in a few weeks. If you want i can ch ck the stock HE to see its condition and pull the blower and see what pully is on it and the condition of the roaters. I can also look for anything else you want.
I think I have a HE lined up by my new best buddy goaliemo. I also bought a supposedly remanufactured rotor pack, will see whats up with that when it arrives in a few days. I do need a 3.1 pully that will fit OTTP hub, or a pully with it's own hub. I'm sure more thing's as well as I surely find more junk parts.

·
Super Moderator
1,831 Posts
Eagle, I may hit yuh up for some parts when you're ready. Works been slow. But I have that mod itch. Lmao

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
I think I have a HE lined up by my new best buddy goaliemo. I also bought a supposedly remanufactured rotor pack, will see whats up with that when it arrives in a few days. I do need a 3.1 pully that will fit OTTP hub, or a pully with it's own hub. I'm sure more thing's as well as I surely find more junk parts.
Trex I think my S/C on the part out has a 3.1 i will try to get over there after work tomarrow to confirm. I work 11 hiur shifts so can't promise it but defently this weekend at worst.

Eagle, I may hit yuh up for some parts when you're ready. Works been slow. But I have that mod itch. Lmao
Sure thing. am just waiting for school to start back up on the 29 so i have access to a lift if it is needed.

Also if either of you are interested i will be pulling the trans this semester. It is a G85 (has the lsd) and runs great.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Mr Eagle, what I really need is a matched set of 60# injectors. Have those by chance? Would like front mount HE too.
Trex I think my S/C on the part out has a 3.1 i will try to get over there after work tomarrow to confirm. I work 11 hiur shifts so can't promise it but defently this weekend at worst.

Sure thing. am just waiting for school to start back up on the 29 so i have access to a lift if it is needed.

Also if either of you are interested i will be pulling the trans this semester. It is a G85 (has the lsd) and runs great.
That would be awesome, thanks. Also should scope out what it has for injectors.

Oof, you're killin me Smalls, where are you located and what do you want for the tranny? Really looking to stick with the F23, but if the price and location is right I'd rock the F35 to have the LSD until it inevitably blows.

·
Super Moderator
1,831 Posts
You'd need the axles, mounts, cable bracket also. Possibly the cables also. They make an lsd for the f23 if you know how to tear a tranny down

Am I still aloud to say tranny instead of transmission? I do not want to offend any members in today's current society with weird word regulations we have now.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts