Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The most attractive thing about this header is that it is stainless steel and costs a measley $189 SHIPPED on ebay.

Upon initial inspection, the welds and craftsmanship look great. Installation is a breeze... The only problem that I ran into was that they sent the wrong studs to go from the header to the downpipe. I got lucky since my buddy had some studs that worked laying around in his garage. Also, DO NOT use the gaskets that are supplied with the header. They are garbage. I already had a new 3 bolt flange gasket laying around, and a new manifold gasket was only $16.XX at my local Chevrolet dealer.

I got flack from some people about how it would sound, but matched with my 3" catless DP and my Thermal catback, I've gotten nothing but compliments so far.

·
Registered
160 Posts
i bought that same header..it cracked after 7k.

·
That guy is awesome ^^^
4,432 Posts
how's it working out for you so far?

·
That guy is awesome ^^^
4,432 Posts
which mounts?

·
Premium Member
12,221 Posts
Motor/trans mounts. Any upgrade will help save most of your exhaust components, especially the flex pipe, header and dp. Grab the motor one time and push/pull on it, you will see what I mean. ;)

·
That guy is awesome ^^^
4,432 Posts
ah. i planned on doing poly inserts and maybe a billet engine mount. i'm not planning on going over 300 hp (HA we'll see...) so will those be good enough?

sorry for threadjacking lol i' do some searching

·
Premium Member
12,221 Posts
Yeah you'll be fine, anything better than stock. You don't have to go overboard and get solid mounts, they'll rattle your car to death!

·
Registered
980 Posts
I have a CA header, and after three years its still running fine, 35k. Ill dump it after I decide to pony up for a long tube.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mine was fine, but I upgraded to the ZZP long tube header. The Badmab unit is going to live on in my sister's SS/SC.

·
That guy is awesome ^^^
4,432 Posts
well i think all of these plusses have answered my question. ebay here i come!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was having gas mileage issues for about 6 months, finally got a code for faulty O2 sensor, went to replace is and found that i had a 5" crack in my header, was probably there about 6 months ago. I just ordered one of these to replace the original. will let you know how it goes.

06' Ion Redline
90,000 miles and still rollin'

·
Registered
46 Posts

the stock had the crack, i replaced it with the new stainless steel about 1000 miles ago and it's running better. it didn't fix my issue though, i ended up replacing that pressure sensor on the supercharger to get my gas mileage back for about 2 weeks, then that P1182 code showed up again and down goes the gas mileage... still don't know whats wrong with it. maybe if i knew how the computer calculates what the pressure "should" be in the supercharger.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts