1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Redline
Problem: Intermittent no-start
Initial solution: Replaced Key, Lock cylinder tumbler, and ICM
Continued Problem: Still intermittent no-start situation. Sometimes will start after a 10 minutes no-start after a minute or so...if you open the door??? This hasn't been a temperature thing.
Second solution: I tried to swap out with another 2004 BCM and brought to the GM dealer to have them sprinkle pixie dust and see what happens. They tried and failed. What I was told was that they cannot program a used BCM and it would have to be a brand new one...
Third solution: Send my BCM to module experts out of Florida. Just got word today that it was unrepairable/and or the part to repair the module are no longer available.

So I'm kinda stuck. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I have searched and searched and searched some more, but I can't find a brand new 2004 BCM.

1. Does anyone know if 2005 BCM or newer is a possible fit? I have seen new 2005 BCM available.
2. Would I have any luck taking the PCM from the same 2004 BCM I tried to swap earlier (I have another 2004 Redline, no mods, hit by deer, just waiting to be repaired), have the dealer program it? Then swap PCM and reprogram with my latest tune via HP Tuners?

Any answers?

·
Super Moderator
1,405 Posts
If you have another 2004 sitting there. Id grab the bcm and pcm, flash your tune to it, and put it in. If it truly is a bcm issue then she should fire right up.
And I dont see why bcms would be different. Same part number?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the PCM from the other 2004 Redline. Do you mean just flash myself with PCM/BCM installed via HP Tuners, or have dealer do so?

As far as parts number, I think they are different. I do know there are a few things different on the 2004 vs. others...

·
Super Moderator
1,405 Posts
Was saying flash your tune to the other pcm so you dont damage the motor attempting to start it.
Worth a shot throwing that pcm and bcm in to see if that's the issue

·
Super Moderator
1,405 Posts
I totally understand. Finally have time to swap my trans and it snowed. In east texas. I woke up this morning and it was 0 outside. In Texas. Lmao

1 - 6 of 6 Posts