Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well they finally figured out what my phantoms codes were. (after a year of trying to figure is out) :rolleyes: They said that the BCM was bad so they replaced it. And let me tell you the car runs a hell of a lot better. The bucking between shifts is completely gone. Even all the updates that I got didn't take care of it. So to say the least I'm quite happy.

Shawn

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
congrats. sounds like a good little thing to get checked out next time im in :D

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
At the picnic I remember you saying you didnt' think your car was running as good as it had been before. I guess you were right, glad to hear they got it fixed.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
myredline said:
Well they finally figured out what my phantoms codes were. (after a year of trying to figure is out) :rolleyes: They said that the BCM was bad so they replaced it. And let me tell you the car runs a hell of a lot better. The bucking between shifts is completely gone. Even all the updates that I got didn't take care of it. So to say the least I'm quite happy.

Shawn
I am not doubting you, but someone help me out, what does a Body Control Module have to do with shifting?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah. When it threw a code it would go away as soon as you shut the car off and turned it back on. It also didn't store the code so they couldn't figure it out. Finally it threw a code and I drove it straight to the dealer and said look at it and DON'T TURN MY CAR OFF THIS TIME!!!!(lol) They said it was codes that they have never seen before. I forget which ones I will have to find the paper work. But now the car pulls hard as hell. And once again it will squeal the hell out of the tires in second.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ptparker said:
I am not doubting you, but someone help me out, what does a Body Control Module have to do with shifting?
They said the it was sending wierd signals that was playing havac with everything. I have no idea. All I can say is that its driving great again. And the lady friends say their necks feel a lot better now. :D

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Ahh, they do all talk on that CAN bus.... I see....

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Bringing this back from the dead. Can I used a stock ion 1 2 or 3 bcm to replace mine and just have it programmed at the dealer?

·
Super Moderator
1,306 Posts
I'm not 100% on that.
But it seems after sone research (in lsj swapping a base sedan) that 03 and 04 is the same, including redline. Then 05+is different

1 - 9 of 9 Posts