Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well last night on the highway a young rich kid rode up on my ass and was acting like he wanted to race so I get ove in the next lane and he comes up beside me and we floor it. He had me at the begining but at about 98 mph I passed him and started pulling on him and kept getting farther and farther away. I eventually let off the gas at about 137 mph. About five seconds later he just flew passed me and I never seen him since.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a similar story.

One day at work, I had to run one of the salepeople up to the chevy dealer to pick up an avalanche that had some work done so we could sell it. Well, my boss to me to go ahead and take a RL (a blue one with an aftermarket wing). Anyway, on the way back, I'm stopped at a light and I have an OLDER! (less hp than newer ones) S2000 pull up next to me and acting like he wanted to race. I just acted like I was ignoring him. Then the light turned, and I just plain left him (and don't think he wasn't racin' because he was pushing hard). I went up to about 105 or so and then slowed down (company car, I didn't want to wreck or damage it any). It took him a few seconds to catch back up, and then he took off again. That right there sold me on the car (I just wish I could afford one:().

BTW one of the techs told me about how he smoked a Camaro in the same car.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Redline_Driver said:
Well last night on the highway a young rich kid rode up on my ass and was acting like he wanted to race so I get ove in the next lane and he comes up beside me and we floor it. He had me at the begining but at about 98 mph I passed him and started pulling on him and kept getting farther and farther away. I eventually let off the gas at about 137 mph. About five seconds later he just flew passed me and I never seen him since.

gotta pull bs on that one, no way the m3 was really racing you and you won...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Vita said:
gotta pull bs on that one, no way the m3 was really racing you and you won...
I have to agree as well! The M3 is a 13 second car and is simply a beast!

There is no way a stock Redline from a roll would beat that car unless he was not racing.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Think what you will but I did what I did. I wouldn't waste my time to post something that wasn't true. And just because the car is a 13 sec car doesn't mean the driver is a 13 sec driver.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Redline_Driver said:
Think what you will but I did what I did. I wouldn't waste my time to post something that wasn't true. And just because the car is a 13 sec car doesn't mean the driver is a 13 sec driver.
Its hard to mess up on the highway...what did he shift once maybe. Chances are the guy was not racing you OR it was not a M3, maybe just a M3 badged 330 or something to that affect.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not going to argue over some stats next time I am able to race one I will be sure to video tape it and prove to you what I did since stats are everything to some people.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Redline_Driver said:
I am not going to argue over some stats next time I am able to race one I will be sure to video tape it and prove to you what I did since stats are everything to some people.
Please do tape it next time :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well, you did say that he had you until 98 mph, so he just might have had 95 mph as his limit. As much as I love the Red Line, it is no match for an M3 unless there is a Grandpa behind the wheel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts