Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today at my job I made, 60 dollars in tips. I decided to go to wal-mart and buy some Caliper paint from Dupli-color. DAMN IT LOOKS TIIIIGHT. It wasn't that hard to install, just time. It's subtle but at the same time it screams at you. On a black car like mine, the red color is amazing. I wasn't expecting to be this thrilled by it but for some reason I am. What do you all think is the best inexpensive mod, cuz I definetly think Caliper Paint for $15 is a very good value.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Painting my front marker lights to match my car (black) was the best inexpensive mod I did. I haven't painted my calipers because I'm going to polish them first, and if they are aluminum I'm leaving them polished aluminum. I'm going to put a magnet on them before work to see if they are. Peace!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Good on 'ya, mate!

I agree with you, painted calipers do look great! :cool: As a side note, I had mine done when I bought new rims for my summer tires; cost was $8.00 [CAD] :D . Did you consider any other colours? Even though red's been done before, I decided that it would be a good match for the tail lights.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I haven't done mine yet... but I did my 4xF150 (calipers/drums) with engine paint. It was like half the price of the caliper paint and held up just as well. Also at the time there was a bigger selection of colors. The truck is dark metalic green and I used "duster green". Its technically a mopar color... but the flourecent green looks pretty sick showing through the polished aluminum.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yah

Liljon said:
Painting my front marker lights to match my car (black) was the best inexpensive mod I did. I haven't painted my calipers because I'm going to polish them first, and if they are aluminum I'm leaving them polished aluminum. I'm going to put a magnet on them before work to see if they are. Peace!
I know its been done before but on my black car, im going to have a red undertone...Red calipers, maybe red side markers i cant decide and other random red parts, maybe ill paint my CAI red. You can check it all at my car domain site that i just updated.

Oh yah, my amp is red too and my sub has a hint of red.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
a boost gauge is fun.

its a nice bouncy gauge to look at lol.

keith-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts