Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Best lowering springs? I want a good drop but don't want to completely compromise ride quality
The lower you drop the worse ride you will get. Drop springs are not made for ride they are made for looks. SSC are good with a decent drop and OK ride, Pedder are better but more money and I think better ride, YYZ are best all around but not cheap.
crateenginedepot.com is what you want.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The lower you drop the worse ride you will get. Drop springs are not made for ride they are made for looks. SSC are good with a decent drop and OK ride, Pedder are better but more money and I think better ride, YYZ are best all around but not cheap.
crateenginedepot.com is what you want.
Do the cobalt ss springs work on the ion?

·
Super Moderator
1,292 Posts
I am enjoying the SSC springs. I think it was 1.25 in the front and 1.50 in the rear

·
Registered
308 Posts
There are multiple threads on putting cobalt springs on a RL and even a super awesome step by step guide WITH PICTURES. All the steps are listed there as well as the needed parts. Search for it in the how to section.
The rears are the same size, but the top diameter of the front springs is different, the adapters mentioned are actually the top hats.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are multiple threads on putting cobalt springs on a RL and even a super awesome step by step guide WITH PICTURES. All the steps are listed there as well as the needed parts. Search for it in the how to section.
The rears are the same size, but the top diameter of the front springs is different, the adapters mentioned are actually the top hats.
Could you link me to it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts