Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the RL was totaled yesterday :( You should see what running over a curb at 60 mph will do to a suspension :D At any rate, it's on to another vehicle for me. Any suggestions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
266 Posts
i can't see why you're so happy........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
My condolences on your loss... I'm thinking the Saturn Sky with competition package!

PS: If you do have/will take pics... would like to see (out of morbid curiosity).

I have pics of my totalled SW2 (R.I.P. 11/23/04) which I can email if anyone is interested (no place to host them).

PPS: Why did you run over a curb at 60 mph? How did the wheels handle the impact?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
paintedblack said:
get any good pics???
I'll probably go down and take some in the next couple days. All the axels broke, all four tires blew, the car is permanently bottomed out.
I can say that Saturns are safe cars though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
jmichna said:
My condolences on your loss... I'm thinking the Saturn Sky with competition package!


PPS: Why did you run over a curb at 60 mph? How did the wheels handle the impact?

Well, to begin with I was speeding, however, a car at an intersection turned right on red-- right in to the path of my RL. In an attempt to avoid the car, I swerved right, went over a curb in to some grass and slid in to a series of metal poles. The car actually went airborne. Thank God for seatbelts.

As far as the Saturn Sky, maybe I could take out a fat loan and purchase one of those bad boys. I just have to wait a week or so to collect the money from the insurance company. Don't know what the car was worth. 2004 with 14k miles. Anyone? Anyone?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
762 Posts
no idea, but that SUCKS!! plus you'd have to wait a while until you can even get the Sky Redline w/ Comp Package. So you just need a beater till then :) oh and is your car blue? If so wanna trade trunks :) I want the aero spoiler!! :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
D3XXFR said:
no idea, but that SUCKS!! plus you'd have to wait a while until you can even get the Sky Redline w/ Comp Package. So you just need a beater till then :) oh and is your car blue? If so wanna trade trunks :) I want the aero spoiler!! :rolleyes:
Actually the car is blue. I think I'm going to strip it and sell what I can.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
That is awful! At least you are OK. Best of luck in the coming battle with your insurance company.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nero said:
That is awful! At least you are OK. Best of luck in the coming battle with your insurance company.
Thank you, sir. At least I have full coverage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
IeatRice said:
Actually the car is blue. I think I'm going to strip it and sell what I can.
You can't strip it if insurance is going to pay for it, they'll own it. Unless you buy it back from them. Anyways, sorry to hear about the news. Hope you have gap insurance...

Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,244 Posts
Tom01SC2 said:
You can't strip it if insurance is going to pay for it, they'll own it. Unless you buy it back from them. Anyways, sorry to hear about the news. Hope you have gap insurance...

Tom
Not true, he can take the stuff that he added, such as stereo equipment. They may try to say no but it is his property. I had a simular issue a while back. I had to fight them a little but they let me take my radio and a few other things out of the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
jeepin79 said:
Not true, he can take the stuff that he added, such as stereo equipment. They may try to say no but it is his property. I had a simular issue a while back. I had to fight them a little but they let me take my radio and a few other things out of the car.
This is true, anything is possible, but for all legal purposes he is not allowed too until he settles things with the insurance company. That happened with me and my last totalled car, I told the insurance company they either pay for my non damaged add on's or pay for them. They just paid for them.

But like you said, you had to fight them. That is what I was trying to get at. Best thing though is to always keep your receipts, have the insurance give you the money for the mods...

Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
437 Posts
Bro that sux....R.I.P....screw that other car i hate people like that. I actually almost got into a situation like that on Saturday when a Lincoln Land Yacht, cut me off that i barly missed him, Thank you Saturn god for good brakes...lol

Well IEatRice i hope the best with you and keep us updated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
762 Posts
LoL i'm sure he in NO WAY did it on purpose, sucks if he can't strip it I'd really like the AEROWING for my redline if you weren't far I'd ust come and do a swap :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hawflake said:
Almost sounds like you did it on purpose, reading into thread title.
WHA WHA WHAT?!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Na, the title was just a joke. Just trying to throw some humor into an otherwise depressing situation.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,231 Posts
thats the right attitude to have in your situation. You said you were ok and the car is just a car. Good for you. Did you carry gap insurance by any chance if you did your financial gold right now becuase you start over from scratch - your down payment. If you would like you can buy my car. I will drive it to you.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top