Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been in contact with precition brake and they are interested in building a 13' rotor and upgraded caliper setup for us. I plan on doing this mod no matter if anyone else does, but they asked if I got my kit and was happy if there would be anyone else that would want to do a group buy. Please post if you are interested and hopefully I will have some sort of pricing by tomorrow. Higher quanity,lower cost. :D

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
i'm down just aslong as we dont have to get new wheels to clear the brakes. I can't afford both brakes and wheels.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
how much faster do you need to stop. I mean cmon best brakes in class hell best brakes in almost any class. But for looks Im in.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'd be very interested if they'd still fit under the 17s. I love these brakes, but a funny thing -- one of the instructors I work with was dogging my car's little rotors....he's like "nice 9" rotors"...whatever - still one of the shortest stopping distances ever recorded on a production car.

Would still like some cool 4-piston calipers and slotted rotors (bigger) though.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
9"? Hell they're almost 12"!

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I would love new brakes and rotors, you can NEVER stop too fast... nothing like diving into a corner, and hitting the brakes HARD.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I'm in, just depending on the price and all that. Might not be able to get in on the group buy, but I'm guessing I'd be able to buy them outside of the group buy a little later (for a little more)?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Curious, my wife has the QC 3, (with 18's) but you think there could be a total swap?? She needs more stoppin power . . . hey, if that would work then I will put the BBK on mine and give her my old ones. We are both happy :)

BUT will it work??

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
no you would need the 5 bolt hubs. Remember the qc3 and before was a 4 bolt deal.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After talking with the engineer that will be doing the fitup, I told him specificly that we need to be able to run the stock wheels. I am definately with you I cant afford big brakes and new wheels. Besides the only wheels available are ugly bling-bling type(yuk).

·
Registered
683 Posts
Once again thanks Goofy, I didn't even think of it.

Could it be possible to drill new holes in the rotor plate?? For Instance 4 holes in ours. Our rotors just slide on the hub right?? Or am I just retarded.
But the friggen rear drums . . . maybe just get her some slotted rotors for up front, or if it will work use my old ones. Well at least I will be happy.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well, I just talked to the engineer and this is definately going to work. Next week I will send him my parts he will need to start devopment. It also sounds like QC's can be upgraded but obviously the four lug pattern.
They use Wildwood calipers and some really good products so it will definately be a high quality kit. As far as price, they are still looking at it but they definately said a group buy is an option. And yes they can be powder coat red with the possibility of having other colors available. Which ones I am not sure of.

The engineer said he wants to fine tune my kit before he makes them available, For your saftey.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
unknownsuperhero said:
Once again thanks Goofy, I didn't even think of it.

Could it be possible to drill new holes in the rotor plate?? For Instance 4 holes in ours. Our rotors just slide on the hub right?? Or am I just retarded.
But the friggen rear drums . . . maybe just get her some slotted rotors for up front, or if it will work use my old ones. Well at least I will be happy.
For the rear have you thought of using a rl rear assembly. I am sure its not cheap but it may be worth looking into.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
there has to be a kit for the qc3's. Im sure there is just drop some Emails here and there and see what they say. If there is not already. try over on the saturnfans boards.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
goofyguy said:
there has to be a kit for the qc3's. Im sure there is just drop some Emails here and there and see what they say. If there is not already. try over on the saturnfans boards.
Your probably right, with as long as the qc have been around campaired to the rl I didnt even think to check it out.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i'd eventually buy a set, especially since i think the stock rotors are one of our weakest links with the gouging and all. i think GM just used cheap steel for them, and they could definitely use an upgrade, like on the impalas where they tend to go through rotors every 6 months

also, make sure he's sure they fit the stockers, as there is little clearance to be had

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
i would deffently like to see a bigger disk in the back because i think it looks kinda weird having the whole wheel filled in the front and than like 4 inches in the back.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts