Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was on my way home from work getting on the high way which the on ramp is a nice gradual curve which a take a little faster than the posted limit, when all of a sudden i hear this faint sound like my tires are starting to scream a little and i thought this can't be right then i look in my rearview and there this big truck riding my a$$ trying to keep up on the on ramp. Then he cuts out early and tries to whip around me i wait till he gets right even with my front bump and i floor it we stay even for all of 2 seconds as soon as i hit 3-4k rpm and i'm out and he stay sheepishly behind me in the distance and then does a ricer fly by at me when i go to get off at the next exit...lol :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
"Ricer fly by" - I love that phrase - lemme guess, after you've smoked 'em, that's the pass they make after you've slowed down?

Had that happen last weekend - entering the PA Turnpike (I-476, NE Extension) at Quakertown, heading North, I ended up behind a bright yellow Cavalier coupe base model, sky high wing, VERY cheesy and cheap ground effects, stock wheels and tires (of course), and a $20 ebay muffler hanging at a 60 degree downward angle because (I guess) the guy didn't want to cut a hole in his high-dollar plastic. The car sounded terrible.

I pulled up behind him, noticed that his buddy had looked back at me, and said something, and the guy tromped on it....we were going about 30-35 through the twisty on ramp....I got clear for the turnpike, he nailed it, I nailed it, and with him at full throttle, I blew him off like he was carrying 1800 lbs of lumber...

His car sounded crazy, like a Yugo with a glasspack..I walked off for a ways. Bear in mind, I was in the car (at 275), my wife (thin), and my oldest son (220)....and I flat embarrassed him.

Once I settled down to 70 or so, he screamed up on me (after 3-4 minutes to catch me) and as he passed, depressed his clutch and revved it a few times...

We were laughing so hard, we had tears in our eyes, even my wife, and she doesn't like all this "car crap"...

This guy was the ULTIMATE ricer and did that same ricer fly by...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
Jim Lewis said:
"Ricer fly by" - I love that phrase - lemme guess, after you've smoked 'em, that's the pass they make after you've slowed down?

Had that happen last weekend - entering the PA Turnpike (I-476, NE Extension) at Quakertown, heading North, I ended up behind a bright yellow Cavalier coupe base model, sky high wing, VERY cheesy and cheap ground effects, stock wheels and tires (of course), and a $20 ebay muffler hanging at a 60 degree downward angle because (I guess) the guy didn't want to cut a hole in his high-dollar plastic. The car sounded terrible.

I pulled up behind him, noticed that his buddy had looked back at me, and said something, and the guy tromped on it....we were going about 30-35 through the twisty on ramp....I got clear for the turnpike, he nailed it, I nailed it, and with him at full throttle, I blew him off like he was carrying 1800 lbs of lumber...

His car sounded crazy, like a Yugo with a glasspack..I walked off for a ways. Bear in mind, I was in the car (at 275), my wife (thin), and my oldest son (220)....and I flat embarrassed him.

Once I settled down to 70 or so, he screamed up on me (after 3-4 minutes to catch me) and as he passed, depressed his clutch and revved it a few times...

We were laughing so hard, we had tears in our eyes, even my wife, and she doesn't like all this "car crap"...

This guy was the ULTIMATE ricer and did that same ricer fly by...
I had tears from laughing just reading your post, I pictured the whole thing as I read it.......that is some funny stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
I can't get over how many ricers want to race me in my Redline....I had a loud, obnoxious, good looking 1986 Mustang GT before this car and didn't get HALF the action at the traffic lights.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jim Lewis said:
I can't get over how many ricers want to race me in my Redline....I had a loud, obnoxious, good looking 1986 Mustang GT before this car and didn't get HALF the action at the traffic lights.

do you have the big wing on your car, i have the regular on and all i get is people thinking i'm an easy kill or something mostly silly vw's and so far one early 90's integra with and exaust and an intake driven by this totoally smokin hot girl... i had fun with that one!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
johnboy8221 said:
do you have the big wing on your car, i have the regular on and all i get is people thinking i'm an easy kill or something mostly silly vw's and so far one early 90's integra with and exaust and an intake driven by this totoally smokin hot girl... i had fun with that one!
When I first got my redline it didn't have a spoiler (the big wing) b/c the dealership didn't have a chance to put it on before my husband and I bought the car (the just got it in stock a few days before). We drove around for about 4-5 days w/out any spoiler and not getting very much attention. But boy, let me tell you...once we left the dealership with that big wing everyone wanted to play.

I still think people think they got an easy kill b/c its a Saturn...fin or no fin. I just love the look on their faces when they are so many car lengths back wondering what happened. Especially the big Dodge ram drivers...they are all so cocky where I live I love smokin' them especially. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,574 Posts
Rams are fucking slow. Even with the Hemi. I test drove one and was very disappointed.

Now the SRT-10........that's a different story. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,574 Posts
magikal_dragon said:
Hey I never said they were fast - just that the drivers are extremely cocky! :p (well at least around where I live)

Oh, I know. I was just saying that they have no reason to think their truck is "fast". :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
I think its just the whole "I'm a tough guy who drives a truck so I can drive like a ***** b/c I have a huge pickup and you have a small car" attitude. Now not everyone who drives a Ram is like that...but most I run into on the roads are. Its really nice to ZOOOOM by them and make them feel as small as what they are trying to compensate for!!!! haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,574 Posts
magikal_dragon said:
I think its just the whole "I'm a tough guy who drives a truck so I can drive like a ***** b/c I have a huge pickup and you have a small car" attitude. Now not everyone who drives a Ram is like that...but most I run into on the roads are. Its really nice to ZOOOOM by them and make them feel as small as what they are trying to compensate for!!!! haha

I like to smoke 'em again when they try that ricer flyby shit just to let them know they suck. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JPK said:
Rams are fucking slow. Even with the Hemi. I test drove one and was very disappointed.

Now the SRT-10........that's a different story. :D
the srt 10's are quick but my buddy at work who has a mini with the works package said he had one ridding his bumper on the way to work one day and he floored it and the truck stayed with him for a while but he said he wasn't that impressed with it
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
johnboy8221 said:
the srt 10's are quick but my buddy at work who has a mini with the works package said he had one ridding his bumper on the way to work one day and he floored it and the truck stayed with him for a while but he said he wasn't that impressed with it
Yea, wasn't that impressed that a truck that weighs 4 times what his match box does could keep up at high speeds. I'd be real freakin impressed... who cares that it gets 3 gallons to the mile keeping up! I could never drive a 'Sports Truck' but I sure can respect one, and I HATE Dodge since they became the Mercedes equivalent to Suzuki and GM...



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top