Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I really don't like the small spoiler and would like the aero wing instead. The ricer in me says go a little more radical than the factory aero wing, though. I found a source for the EVO 8 style which is taller than Saturn's and also a copy of the wing that is put on the Cobalt SS, whick is close to what our aero wing looks like. Attached is a pic of the photoshopped EVO style. Opinions, how many think a bigger aero wing will look good. Haters need not apply. :D

BTW, The EVO style is carbon fiber with painted endcaps. and it's only $249 + $25 shipping

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't mind it, when I get my RL i was going to have them take off the stock wing and was thinking about an EVO style carbon fiber wing (like the ones on the EVO VIII MR) that I think would look sick..

·
Registered
762 Posts
Wow you know I really like that, are those wings cheaper to get then the aero wings? Also will they be the length apart or will there be drilling involved for new wholes and what not?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
That looks pretty good, is it adjustable like the Evo's wing too? Or is it just a look-alike? Is the Cobalt's wing different? I looked at it REAL quick at the autoshow and though it was the same wing.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sp00ner said:
That looks pretty good, is it adjustable like the Evo's wing too? Or is it just a look-alike? Is the Cobalt's wing different? I looked at it REAL quick at the autoshow and though it was the same wing.
First quick look from promo shots and I thought we shared the same wing with the Cobalt SS, but they are different. They have an insert on the endcaps ala Wings West & EVOs and the Cobalt deck lid has a major curve to it where the RL is basically flat. The EVO style(universal - Terminator 3) from JSP is too wide. I'm going to the Mitsu dealer tonight to measure the wing on the EVO 8 to see where they stack up. Our decklid is 47" side to side and the bolts are 33" apart.

The wing fits into recesses on the endcaps, so wing pitch is not variable. I really think this is the route I want to go (bigger EVO style wing) I might have to whack an inch off the wing to make it narrower, but that should pose no problem. And the center wing section is black carbon fiber (or something that resembles it) The price I'm looking at is $219 and $24 for shipping. It should be about the same as the factory Aero wing once painted. I got a price from my dealer for $409(painted Electric Blue) with a 10% discount. They can get black & silver pre-painted, but not the blue ones.

Check out the images. Also Check out the 18" BBS rims that I found last night that will fit our cars.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts