Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I must say that looks sharp - now you need to wash your car! :p That thing is DIRTY! lol, must be lots of bugs out there in Wisconsin.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man i can go out and wash my car right now and by tomorrow it will look like that again. We have had some shitty weather. I'm waiting for a nice day so i can go out and give her a good wash. I want to take all the tires off and clean the too.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Trust me, I live on the other side of the lake and face the same dilemma, if it isn't swarms of offensive bugs, it's rain and dirt and feces in the air.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Cool. I did mine a while back. Did you take your emblems off the car to do it?

I didn't. Ancient Chinese secret. ;)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes i took them off. It was a bitch to loosen the wheel well and reach back there with a wrench. but oh well. And if anyone was wondering the bolt are a metric 10. For paint i used grill paint. It gives it a cool powder coated look.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
shanek said:
i seperated them.
How do you seperate them? Do they go back together easily? Also, how do you get the hood emblem off, I have looked at it but I am afraid to fool with it too much.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok open your hood and push on the two little prong things it will push right off. For the sides you will have to push the red and silver apart they are pretty hard so be carefull not to break. It is pretty easy just look at them. pm me and i can try to take some pictures tomorrow to explain.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
shanek said:
ok open your hood and push on the two little prong things it will push right off. For the sides you will have to push the red and silver apart they are pretty hard so be carefull not to break. It is pretty easy just look at them. pm me and i can try to take some pictures tomorrow to explain.
Thanks for the info, I may have to fool with them this week. I think the black emblems will look better on a black car.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
silver. Not paint but vinyl.

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nice. I saw black badges on a website somewhere, but if it's easy to paint them, I'll probably just do that instead.

Uh. That is, when I actually get a RL. :) Working on it, though.

Xian

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
goofyguy said:
silver. Not paint but vinyl.
Where does one pick up colored vinyl? I like that idea better than painting them.

·
Registered
556 Posts
shanek, the badges do look really good.

But that car! Yes, I read about how it gets dirty every day, blah, blah, blah...

But look at those pictures. Those will live in this forum for God-knows how long?

At least wash your car before posting pictures of it. :D

But, really, good job on the badges. I'm very interested in paying some one to have mine done like that also. :D

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Shanek how did you put the front badge back on? It looks like it was stuck on and I am a little concerned when I put it back on it will not stick since I pulled it off.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts