Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

black badges

6K views 36 replies 15 participants last post by  geokots 
#1 · (Edited)
black badges (Clean Pictures)

OK i painted my badges and thought i would show you guys how it turned out. I am very happy with the way it looks.

Here are some pics of the car a little cleaner :D

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I must say that looks sharp - now you need to wash your car! :p That thing is DIRTY! lol, must be lots of bugs out there in Wisconsin.

#3 ·
Man i can go out and wash my car right now and by tomorrow it will look like that again. We have had some shitty weather. I'm waiting for a nice day so i can go out and give her a good wash. I want to take all the tires off and clean the too.

#4 ·
Trust me, I live on the other side of the lake and face the same dilemma, if it isn't swarms of offensive bugs, it's rain and dirt and feces in the air.

#11 ·
shanek said:
i seperated them.
How do you seperate them? Do they go back together easily? Also, how do you get the hood emblem off, I have looked at it but I am afraid to fool with it too much.

#12 ·
ok open your hood and push on the two little prong things it will push right off. For the sides you will have to push the red and silver apart they are pretty hard so be carefull not to break. It is pretty easy just look at them. pm me and i can try to take some pictures tomorrow to explain.

#14 ·
shanek said:
ok open your hood and push on the two little prong things it will push right off. For the sides you will have to push the red and silver apart they are pretty hard so be carefull not to break. It is pretty easy just look at them. pm me and i can try to take some pictures tomorrow to explain.
Thanks for the info, I may have to fool with them this week. I think the black emblems will look better on a black car.

#18 ·
goofyguy said:
silver. Not paint but vinyl.
Where does one pick up colored vinyl? I like that idea better than painting them.

#19 ·
shanek, the badges do look really good.

But that car! Yes, I read about how it gets dirty every day, blah, blah, blah...

But look at those pictures. Those will live in this forum for God-knows how long?

At least wash your car before posting pictures of it. :D

But, really, good job on the badges. I'm very interested in paying some one to have mine done like that also. :D

#20 ·
Shanek how did you put the front badge back on? It looks like it was stuck on and I am a little concerned when I put it back on it will not stick since I pulled it off.

#22 ·
I cheated. I bought all new badges from Barrys oldest son who is now the Parts Dept Manager at the dealership and had Barry do mine. They have the sparkles like the paint does. Its a perfect match.

#23 ·
goofyguy said:
I cheated. I bought all new badges from Barrys oldest son who is now the Parts Dept Manager at the dealership and had Barry do mine. They have the sparkles like the paint does. Its a perfect match.
Where has Barry been hiding. I have not seen a post from him in forever.

#24 ·
work has kept him away for a long time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.