Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing the corner light thing this week. Will be making them "black". Just waiting for the stuff i ordered to some in and than i will do it and take some pics and let everyone know how it went. I think it should look ok. Similar to the ones in the pic i attached

Attachments

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did not do it yet, i am doing this week and when i am done and sure it will work and look good i will tell everyone.... hint if u look hard really hard u might find out, we have talked about it about a million times

and my sig is photoshoped

·
Registered
266 Posts
Does the light still shine through the material? If not, isnt it illegal not to have a front signal??

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I have mine wrapped in black. I was told that as long as you dont shave down the DOT Approval there legal being that they serve no purpose. Our turn signals are in the front, the side lamps are just extra driving lights to the best of my knowledge.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'll definitely have to look into that. I thought that the side yelow lights were turn signals. I have the electric blue car, it would be cool if i could get vinyl to exactly match them. At least until we can get some clear lenses.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Looks like a carbon fiber material....On an unrelated note, anyone know where I can get a few yards (about 5) of the blue and black material that is over the seats?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it is carbon fiber, and i am gonna shave down the dot writing, who needs it anyways haha. from what i have been told the light will still shine through the carbon vinal so i am gonna give it a shot... i cant really keep secrets :D

o well i will let you guys know how it goes, i am not worried about illegal most cops are not gonna write you up for shaving the dot writing off the corner light as long as the light still works. and i am thinking that i will still have an amber color to it because it will still be going though the amber to get out. we will see if i get a ticket than i will prob be a fix it and i will just take the vinal off

·
Registered
266 Posts
cool can't wait to find out how it goes...good luck

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I thought you had ordered some of that VHT Niteshades spray. It'll black them out but when they are lit, it shines through.

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=egnsearch.asp&N=400335+-143725&autoview=sku

I want to do this to my car but I would like an extra set of tailights and sidemarkers first in case I get a ticket and for state inspection.

I'd change them out to get it inspected or to take a pic of my car back to original to show the judge in case I ever get a ticket for it.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea that is next on the list of things to try

i am gonna try this first the carbon vinal only cost me 24$ shipped so i was like why not

·
Registered
650 Posts
how the hell is any cop going to give you a ticket for putting vinyl over your parking lights. The only time those ever light up is when you put on the ebrake(manual) or put it in park(automatic)

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Ours come on as apart of our day-time running lamps. The two interior amber lights come on along with the two corner amber lamps. I know it seems dumb, but that's the way the designed the car.

·
Registered
650 Posts
oh why did they do that with the redline i have an ion 2 coupe and mine only come on when i put on the parking brake. Which kind of pisses me off cause i thought they were the directionals and that was one of the reasons i liked it. on another note do you think they could be made into directionals(just pull them both out and switch them)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
good luck man, let us know how it turns out.

the vht niteshades stuff works really well.......esp if u wanna tint out ur taillights. i did that in my old sc2 and never had a problem, it was beautiful too.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I was thinking about doing a carbonfiber wrap on mine.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Yea I really wanna do this also, I was thinkin about going with the night shades, I'm also temped on doing the tails not sure yet though.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts